need advice on setup...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DrSaurabh, Dec 9, 2005.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

He got it from rhythm musicals near brigade road for 19k i think but i got one for my friend for 17k from Veena musicals in jaynagar.

2. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Its in same range..

@ Chintan : Who has that processor?

3. sridhar11_2

It's probably the G7( one tube, one pedal) or G9 processors (2 tubes , 2 pedals)with real tubes.
    I'd actually go for this over any processor jst cause it has real tube sound. But i'd prefer the Tonelab over the zoom but if you're strapped for cash then this would be great anyway.

4. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

How much is it?

5. sridhar11_2

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Hmmm really expensive..

7. sridhar11_2

If you can go for the GNX units or the Boss GTs then this should not be too expensive.

8. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

The GNX i use belongs to my friend.. GT is cheap..

9. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

The market price of all of them is the same at 400$..its just that you managed to get the GT8 on sale. For anyone else buying it it would work out the same to buy any of them.
    Oddly enough the Zoom site does not mention the G7 or the G9...it stops at the G2u.1...very odd

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hahaha...maybe u shud give them a lecture on marketing ;)

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Maybe its fake.. They will go bankrupt in a few years...

12. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

behringer Vamp2
    digitech rp300
    Boss gt6

13. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

14. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

You have GFx right? What amp do you use?

15. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

ok........am getting quiet sick and tired
    ive kinda narrowd it to ax1500g....gnx3 or.... zoom g2.1u
    now tell me the pros and cons of both........

and where the hell is ronnie...been waiting for him to coment now:mad:

16. sridhar11_2

If you can stretch your buget a lttle more i think you might as well go for the AX3000G cause it's just 3k more than the 1500G. I've played it and it's pretty good. I'm pretty sure that the technology used in it is basically what Vox does on the tonelab but without the tube (Vox owns Korg).

But if you've decided on 1500G it's not really a bad thing.
    The GNX3 too would be pretty handy (it's got 8 track recorder and drum machine)

17. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

The GNX3 CONS : Very very stupid intferface.. To make patches its not the machine where you can easily turn a knob and get some gain.. YOu need to work your self up the menus to do so.. Sound wise its good..

1500 G is easy to use.. Nice sounding.. I still go with sridhar's suggestion.. YOu can easily spend 3 K more and get the AX3000G.. Its a good unit.. Nice screen, easy to manipulate patches..

18. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

KUstom 40w

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Doc, Ronnieanand has AX1500. He will be the best judge, although be forewarned that he prefers analog pedals and stomp-boxes, and is generally not pro-digital processors.

AX3000 will be a definite better buy than ax1500 especially since 1500 was launched in 2001 (that is way back) and from then onwards certainly the digital modelling has improved significantly.
    However the REMS used in Toneworks offers good value for money.

are u sure about GNX3? I think it will be overpriced + it comes with Digitech's copyright crappy board layout n controls. no on the fly tweaking is possible. agree with HindiRox on that.

No idea about Zoom. but the amount of amp sims in Zoom are far more than what u would get in Korg. (I feel it will also be more expensive than korg)

If u can get hold of a second hand korg it would be steal (if u get it for 7K or less)

20. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Ronnie doesnt like the 1500G.. He uses it for bedroom practice..

Doc: Try all the three.. Get your own sounds out.. If you like the processor buy it.. Asking which is best will only give you a biased opinion.. You got to grow up.. Go to a shop sit with the processor and tweak around(And save the crappy patches to piss the shop guy of: @ Chintan : I did that in Rhythm Musicals) and figure out what you like..