Need Advice from Gurus!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ckhurana, Feb 22, 2006.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

110? Hahaha, deadlift? Hahaha, get upto scratch lad, 200 is where it's at. My brother can do 215.

2. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

dude - i've got a second hand givson - and i got it fer free...yay! but a givson ghatia qlty givson elec or even a semi wud cost around 6000 wid a playmate...basic...so i'd advice u to go in fer a acoustic if ur a beginer..but ultimately its upto u

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

None of them..... :aggre: :aggre: :phbbt: :phbbt: :NoNo: :NoNo:

Say Pluto...

Dude by the way, Takamine is a high end guitar. Their lowest range will start at about 13K. They have a cheap subsidary called Jasmine, maybe that can be tried out... Takamines are more expensive than Ovations or Yamaha...

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Oops I forgot those names.
    I didt tell him that he would get that in his budget. Its just taht he would caome across those names. :grin: See.

LOL
    Array am not a bodybuilder/weightlifter/powerlifter.
    With whatever small time I get in a week, I try to push myself to limits.

+ not taken supplements (include any kind of creatine or aminos and no enhancements also - inlclude any hormone).

And drat, I have been on effed up veg diet for more than a year now. (Compulsion, not choice)

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

200??...tsk tsk, kids.
    I could do 300

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Umm welll ok I weight 76kg, and those weight were what I can do 15 reps with.
    I have not checkd my one rep max till now.

:p:

7. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@alpha, vegetarians rule :beer: I'm one too, as long as you balance it out it's fine. I confess being a culprit to taking some supplements :grin: And one rep max? You kidding? :p: 8 is the minimum my brother will let me stop.
    @dennis, get outta here le big mac :p:

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

oh my! Spam on the internet? How dare you!

To the original threadstarter....scrounge around in guitar shops looking for local brands within your price range. Try taking someone who really knows his acoustic with you....hopefully you'll be lucky and will get a good piece for your money.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmmm
    :think:
    You (used to) go to YMCA gym?

10. ckhurana

ckhurana Banned

11. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

If you're going to a shop try asking for a brand name Pluto. Its apparently amazing for the price. I for some reason dont like GIVSON guitars at all. The first acoustici bought was Brand name Signature. Its really ok for the price, better than anu givson acoustic i'vve played. After 4 years its still here in playing condition.

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yeah i had a signature acoustic too..sounded good..better than givsons...
    Hobners are good too..but these Plutos are creating a stir, better check them out too...the difference in price wont be more than 200-300/-...