Need Advice from Gurus!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ckhurana, Feb 22, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Eric Johnson :nw:
    Eric Clapton :nw:

Jimi Hendrix used Strat Trem :nw:

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Even EVH used his 60s strat for his first album recording.

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Ritchie Blackmore :nw: :nw: :nw:
    Janis Joplin :nw: :nw: :nw:
    Trey Anastasio :nw: :nw:
    Warren Hayes :nw: :nw:

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yeah, except Joplin bit. :p

Yeah but he did use tremolo now n then with a Floyd Rose :phbbt:.
    Anywya he is exempted for mthe list

5. ronnieanand

NOOOO :mad: :mad:

Janis Joplin :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

6. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

yes ron ..I do like my guitar a lot ..and it aint a big pain to sit and play as you think .only needs some gettin used to ..and it aint very heavy too ..its made of basswood ..so can indeed stand and practice but the main problem is the size ...i like most indians live in a small house in a small room ..if i stand and play ..one turn to the left and i bang the head ..one move to the right and i bang the body .the body also is the full V not like the jackson...so you can understand the size of the thing..thats why im lookin into gettin a nice strat !

yes ..you guys are 100% rite ..whammy bar just like wah is for people who cant solo or need help in the solos ..well im one of them !!!..i cant solo for nuts ..usually half way through my left hand gives up ...thats were the whammy comes in ..so instead of doin that i can play slow solo with al im notes sustainin well and also usin the whammy bar so that the solo will technically sound good .

but i really like to solo like EVH .and you cant play or even practice EVH solos without the whammy .wat about solos by joe and vai ...not that I can play any of them but when i eventually do( within the next 100 yrs atleast ) i il need the whammy and will miss it then !!! and ...EVH patented the kahler tremolo which eventually led to the floyd !

alpha ..if you guittar is heavy ..your back will get screwed man if you sloach..I used to get back pain initially when i used to stand and practice for hours sloachin..and my guitar aint that heavy either .but nowadays i practice only on acoustic !! and alpha ..thanks for remindin me of wat i said abeit the wah part !!!!brings back fond memories !!!

NOW why dint u guys say slash ???????????????????????????

7. ronnieanand

Even my guitar is heavy... I have no clues as whether I sit straight or slouch or whatever... I just take the damn thing, sit and play it...

8. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

start on a NYLON and then once ur thourough - read as - <<<after a cupl of years>>> - go fer an elec...

9. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

@fat_kax -- a nylon ahh..forget it ..I dont want to go around playin someday solo !!! besides , the nylon will require awesome technique if you want to sound good ..adng by technique i mean the frettin part ..stuff like how you pick ,at what angle .how hard you press on the fret , were you fret all make a huge impact on the sound ..so nylon would be a big no no ..!! maybe a semi-hollow but not a nylon !!!
    @ron ..wen you sit and play ..the weight is on you lap ..but when u stand its on your shoulder..thats why sloachin is bad when you stand .!!!.if i wanna sit and play ..gotta break the body of the V in half !!

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

d00d, read what I said. I was sarcastic.
    I said the flying Vee DOESNT ALLOW me to slouch.
    :RollLol:
    Not that I wanna slouch, but when you play normal shape guitars, you have a tendency to slouch.
    And any kind of slouching is bad for your back. Whether the guitar's weight is on your shoulders or not.
    (Simple comparison: your guitar weight < 5Kg, your upper body weight > half your body weight)

Besides, I do lotsa dead lifts and barbell rows so no need to really worry about my back ;)

But man this forum is full of sarcasms, open your eyes to it :)

11. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I REALLY need to do some of those:eek::...my Tulasi PRS is fairly heavy.

12. namir

namir New Member

it doesnt matter what you start on... as long as you like it and it feels good. the main thing is to practice... and if your guitar sounds horrible... you wont wanna play it. so go to your friend, play his guitar for a while... if you think it feels good go for it, if you feel like the frets are messed up or the strings are too high up or too far apart... dont get it. its very subjective method of purchasing, but these things are just as important as brand name or whatever else youre looking at.

13. ronnieanand

My Parker is only 7 Pounds (3kg approx) ;) :p: . Some models of Parkers are only 5 pounds.

14. fat_kax

well - dude - all i can say is
    [size=+1]Just Do It![/size]
    This Message Sponsored By Nike(c.)​

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

HAHA i forgot to add:
    Deadlift = 110 kg
    Rowing = 55 kg

Now temme you game?

16. ronnieanand

Nebu, tell him you are game and lift those two together with a single hand.... :aggre: :aggre: with the other hand lift Alpha1...

Nebu fight.....:aggre: :aggre:

17. fat_kax

and i quote from wat someone else sed to one of my posts...
    [size=+2]Ewwwwww[/size]​

18. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:shock:
    :help::help::help:
    :NoNo:

19. ckhurana

ckhurana Banned

Hey guys.....stop this shouting match !

I am the one who needs all ur help...so pls concentrate on the original problem here.

I have a cost constraint here. i cant stretch beyond 3000 bucks!!

So once and for all just lemme kno what I shoud do ??

shud i get -- >>

1. accoustic ;
    (i need 1 with a pick tho)

2. semi-electric

3. electric

and pls let me know what brands...

AND now pls pls pls don't confuse me any furthur !!

I need some real honest advice here guys ! !

Please...I want to go in for the guitar this weekend itself.. so pls hurry!!!

I am in DELHI...

ck

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Within 3K, nice try you can get electric with amp.
    So kiss that option goodbye.

You will surely get an acoustic within that price band. Semi-Electric will be more than 3K.

So it is ACOUSTIC for you.
    Brands: You will most prob come across brands like Givson, GB&A, J&D, Harmony, Tansen, Yamaha, Takamine, Comet. Not all of them will be within your price range.

There are just too many brands.

Usually, the Korean brands are slightly better as well as expensive than the Indian ones.