need a guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by The Pacifist, May 26, 2005.

1. The Pacifist

The Pacifist New Member

Hi all.

I have a
    - Givson electric (which was probably bought when men dwelled in caves)
    - a fresh new RP50

am planning to get a new guitar for myself. I basically play stuff like GnR, Metallica etc. (i.e. beginner stuff). basically, I'll need a guitar which
    - I can learn on
    - sounds better than my existing guitar

Any suggestions. budget matters...but as I have no idea of the current prices, I cant fix the budget. Even second hand guitars in good condition would do.

Manav

2. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

you can try custom made guitars if your area has a good guitar workshop. they are way better than the indian brands like givson and hobner, especially if you use imported pickups. also check www.zzounds.com guitar section.

3. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

where does your budget lie around?

4. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Check my thread 'Unique Offer' - have 3 to sell....

5. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

Well The Good Guitar Our Like Ibanez,fender,signature

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

dude - dont worry about getting something better than ur givsen - im sure nething will be better... by talking about a budget - ur ready to spend approx 20k? less? more? see its really ahrd to get u pointed without an estiamted budget - im not saying u need to tell me ur spending rs. 21,976.63 inclusive of taxes but something like approx 15k would be a good indicator to ppl giving advice.

either ways - the brands most ppl on igt buy are ibanez, epiphone, sometimes fender and squeir, we get the occaisional gibsons, esps and jacksons, and then there all sorts of assorted companies...

the reason most ppl choose ibanez nowadays in india is because at the price range of 15-30k they are unbeatable... they have a very good price/qualtiy ratio in this price band..

best thing for u to do is to go to ur nearest music store and start trying out guiotars and tell us - ok i like the look of this guitar, the feel of this, the sound of this - itll all help...

ull probably have finaslised ur choice in a month

7. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Agree with Death...that's the only way to buy one - and the brand is not the only thing - after all you paying $$ for the company's logo and marketing budget....but that's a different topic...