Napster & ITunes in INdia???

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by Speculator, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Speculator

Speculator New Member

Hi

Can people in India use the Napster service to download legal mp3s?

I downloaded the demo, but it says it is only for US residents and asks you to enter your social security number. :annoyed:

What about Itunes? Are all these services unavailable to us
    in India?

Is there any legal mp3 sevice for India ?

Please let me know. :help:

Thanks in advance. :

2. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

even real player give demo songs

but the thing is who would download demo when can get full songs

that 2 for free. :cool: :cool:

3. Speculator

Speculator New Member

HI

I diodn't quite follow you. Do you mean to say you can get these son gs free? How do you do that using real player? :think:

Any help would be appreciated . :beer:

Thanks !

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Real playyer is crap
    u ever heard of p2p
    The best way to get free mp3s ,videos ,****......

5. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

WARNING: Pls dont post any illegal MP3 download links... or the thread will be closed!
    Kindly stay on the topic...

And as far as i know... there are no Indian players currently involved in providing LEGAL MP3 downloads!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

6. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Yes, iTunes says that the service is not available in India. Crap. Who would want to pay $1 for a song when you can get all the songs in the grey market or through downloading them through P2P software?

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^^^ well this text was in the song folder got from one P2P:

if u dont like the songs delete 'em
    if u like the songs, buy 'em
    coz if u dont buy them, u kill the music that u like ...

hows that for a thought? ...

8. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Actually, Downloading songs from P2P programs would give you some loss of quality in the songs, whereas if you buy the audio CD and then rip them into you hard disk, there would be negligible loss in the quality of the songs.

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

nahi yaar ...
    the audios which u get from P2P are infact better than waht u would ripp ...

usually ppl set the default rip bitrate @ 128 kbps ... but most of the audios available in those damn P2Ps are having 192 ... some are also 320 ...

which is very much CD quality ...

10. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

You can rip at 320kbps too. I do that. Its the same as p2p. for legal mp3s check out mp3search.ru, you can buy songs for 10 cents a song. And songs are free if they are less than one minute long, a special attraction for grindcore fans :cool:

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^^^ yeah ... i rip @192 with OGG (well thats a variable bit rate ... but it tries to give ~192) ...

what i meant is that most ppl usually dont bother to change the setting ...

12. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I prefer to archive CDs in FLAC. The perfect format. But the filesize is too big for daily listening. For my collection I prefer using LAME MP3 @ 320 Kbps or VBR > 224 Kbps.

13. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

FLAC is the best lossless format preferred by purists because there is no loss in quality. My hard disk is limited (40GB) so I rip my songs at at 128-160 VBR. I read it in an article in IC CHIP magazine that rippings give you better quality than downloading them from P2P.

14. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

pata nahin ...

i have creative 5.1 sys with creative soundcard .. i cannot make out any diff ... not even in the high hats or cymbals ...