Name your guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by brisngr, Jul 3, 2010.

1. brisngr

brisngr New Member

The guitar becomes a special part of a guitartist , and as we have name it deserves one too.when i hold my black coloured hobmer guitar , i feel like holding a black star in my hand therefore i give my guitar "black star" as its name.post the picture of yourself with it, if you feel like.thanx for reading.

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

I was pondering over this a little since yesterday. A friend of mine named his new bass 'Mjollnir', and I was surprised I didn't think of it first.

Since I'm still working on a paint job for my guitar (Photoshop stage as of now) among other things, the name will have to fit the design I decide for it.

3. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Mjollnir... That's such an awesome name...

4. flood

flood New Member

never named a guitar till now. i think i haven't found a guitar that i developed an extraordinary attachment to.

i tentatively named my fretless strat project "mirage fretless" but canned that when i realized that the epoxy fingerboard would not reach that mirror-finish level i wanted.

5. distorted

distorted satan

My guitar is the ''bhukha bhediya''
    :D

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i never named my guitar.. nor do i plan to..

7. gpt

gpt New Member

named my old acoustic , the mighty one, coz its one bigass guitar. not named my electric yet

8. metalmonke

metalmonke New Member

name it...give him milk...make him sleep comfortably..talk to him when he's sad..play with him...wtf!

girls can name it..

9. gpt

gpt New Member

you do all that shit i guess.....regular people just stick with giving a name

10. ultrabot90

11. metalmonke

metalmonke New Member

sorry guys..!

12. ultrabot90

13. bcrich

bcrich New Member

i've named my ibanez, "Wodan".

14. ultrabot90

^AHA. GOOD IDEA.

I'll call my 7 string 'Shodan'. (as in Heian Shodan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shodan)
    It's my first step into electric guitar. And it's black, like the shodan belt :D

15. bcrich

bcrich New Member

hmm. i get it. interesting!

16. flood

flood New Member

i named my guitars "guitar" except for my bass, which i named "bass".

my names pwn all your names put together. nonnie nonnie nyah nyah

17. RV-05

RV-05 New Member

i juss call it " My Guitar ".. no names for dear ones!!!!!

18. ultrabot90

LOL! Insane!

Off topic (this is a bull thread either way). Say I'm playing an arpeggio with one hand, one one or two strings (touchstyle; you need to conserve horizontal space, so vertical playing is more or less a necessity to utilize the instrument better; think of it like this, the more you want to exploit polyphony on a guitar, the better vertical movement and shifting skills you need to have), if I strategically use a delay pedal, can it be so that after I play a note and play another on the same string, the first note still sounds instead of getting muted - or rather, blocked - by the new note? Like a piano note - you hit a key, it keeps sounding till it's own envelope ends regardless of what other keys you hit in the meantime.