n00 kind of sound clip

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ronnieanand, Apr 21, 2006.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    This is my first attempt at Guitar Synth. I tried some settings to make the guitar sound like Piano. It was recorded at 3:00 in the morning when I was half asleep, so dont bother about what's being played. But how is the tone of the guitar or rather how close does it sound to a Piano. Feedbacks on tone alone please.

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=336045

Check out the track Guitar Like Piano...

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Piano sounds awesome.

It remined me of the Casio keyboard I had at my home.
    The preset being Grand Piano or Honky Tonk, dont remember.

What is the equipment used?

3. ronnieanand

I was basically checking out the dynamics... It does support decent dynamics too, though chords didn't work out....

4. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Quite close to the piano .. a li'l neat recording .. n noise removal n stuff .. n it should really simulate the piano Very well .. n yeah .. wat equipment is it .. n did u try all the settings ?

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Pretty close I'd say..what are you using?The Maxon or the Tsunami?if you can get flutey synth like chords that would be the bomb!

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Pretty Kewl, i liked it. How much does one cost?

7. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Pretty cool sound (if thats really a guitar:p: ). What gear u using for that ?

I'll eventually get myself a POG for organ effects on guitar.

8. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

nice patch dude...... which gear??

9. ronnieanand

The gear setup for this recording was

Tulasi Guitar -> Yamaha G50 Guitar to Midi Convertor -> Yamaha PSR520 Keyboard.

So the Piano patch is taken from the keyboard but whatever is there is played through the guitar. I was trying to get the Flute Tone but I couldn't. Anyway it was just a small experiment. With Midi, the guitar can do thinks which is not possible normally.

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Ohh..I was thinking it was some regular guitar gear....

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Aisa koi pedal nah hai jisse seedhe keyboard sounds aa jaate hai (without connecting to a keyboard). I had seen Gilmour use one of these at a concert.

12. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Not true my friend. I've seen an Electro Harmonix POG do an incredible Organ sound. I really want it bad but its more than 300$ :shock:

13. ronnieanand

@Dennis.... Not true. There are guitar synths from Roland which can do a lot of things. Even the keyboard is very limiting. Maybe sometime in the future, I will go for a Brian Moore guitar with Midi Pickup and go for a proper guitar synth. Can do real cool things on stage if the synth is there.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Will the GAS ever leak?

LAWL.

15. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ahh.cool, thanx for the info.