n00 GUITAR! Custom RR Flying Vee

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by alpha1, Jan 31, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey whats the diff 'tween Harmonic n Microphonic feedback?
    Is it like HArmonic is more under control, so u can do vibrato and whammy etc on it and Microphonic is juat plain sqeal, which u cannot control.

How were you able to distinguish? (That is something I wanted to ask in the jam room - but I forgot)

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

dude....u played the LP too right...how was it? ;)
    u tell me ...about the comfort in playing the LP on higher frets:girn:

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well

LP is not comfy playing 21sy fret on lower E string :p: And the higher frets are too thin for my fat fingers. :cry1:

But shorter fret length means you can do more stretched playing.

In total, the crap about LP being difficult to play at higher frets is coming out to be more of baloney spread by Strat lovers.

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Honestly nobody has any business playing the 21st or 22nd fret on low E string on any guitar. It will be so damn muddy and unuseable. Anyway it's gonna be difficult in other guitars too because your hands have to be curling a lot leave alone the cut away thingy.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

HEHE
    :RollLol:

You still didnt answer my question: https://indianguitartabs.com/showpost.php?p=211774&postcount=61

6. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Harmonic feedback is because of the strings vibrations catching the amps sound and resonating to it, going to the amp and so on in a contnous loop.
    Microphonic feedback is caused by the pickups moving around inside the casing because of howling leading to that unpleasant howl. Pickup potting reduces this problem but also (according to Jason Lollar) affects tone.

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

A lot of vintage reissue pickups dont have potting but generally advised not to use them on high gain setups.

Harmonic Feedback is Waaaoooooooooaaaaaaaooooooo

Microphonic Feedback is keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

8. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

WHO TO CONTACT TO GET A TULSI MADE.........any D00ds here for that ???
    BADLY want 1 made.

9. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp :)

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Damn you, didnt I list teh phone and email and address of Tulsi guy in the first pgae?

:annoyed:

What more do you need?
    :mad:

11. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

aaaah,Missed that.Thanks Alpha.
    So I just call him rigt,no need to be there personally na ?

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

If you wish to travel all the way from Bombay to Chennai, you can :)

13. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

A small question (again)

The problem with me is that I have really tiny fingers and I struggle with the normal 25.5 inch scale length 24 fretter or even the 24.75 inch 22 fretter while fretting many chords.Scales etc are pretty OK

Im thinking of getting a 24.5 inch scale length with 24 frets made,also the width at nut would be 41 mm like the old Vintage Fender strats for my fingers to stretch right out for some chords.

My question is would the 41mm be ok or would it be too thin ?

14. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

41mm is supposed to be a standard nut width. U are not changing much. Better try 38mm or likes if u want narrower string spacing. Though I would advise u to stick to the norms. U n ur hands will grow, ur guitar wont ever. Now after tht 38mm nut, when u play a regular axe, ur picking is gonna suffer. Watch out for that.

15. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^Thanks for the advice Jonny,How much difference is there between 1-5/8" and 1-11/16" could someone clarify ?

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I dont think the hand ever grows after your testosterone saturates the body.
    The growth of hands is dictated by HGH (human growth hormone) which acts mostly before/during the teenage.

17. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Alpha Bhai,Ever played a 1-5/8" nut guitar ?

lol thats right n i dont think my hands will grow even more now that Im 20 :(

18. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

HGH by itself is not enough. in large quantities, and in lack/low quantity of somatostatin you will grow (in height/some organs). after excercise there is boost in HGH but not enough to make you grow.

and testosterone has no effect on hand growth. otherwise growing kids would have really small hands ;)

@TheDevil: you like narrow or wide? 5/8 11/16 are quite narrow. maybe you can look around for guitars that have those widths and try playing them. tough to do, but could be doable

19. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

My hands are small and I have problems fretting chords,I can fret it but it leads to overstretching and in general pain right after I stretch my fingers out .

I tried looking for a Fender Strat Junior but to no avail ......Last option is Custom guitars............I guess 1-11/16 is in almost every guitar now,aint it ?