n00 GUITAR! Custom RR Flying Vee

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by alpha1, Jan 31, 2006.

1. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

im scared of all sharp pointy objects.

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^LOL, LMFAO, hahahaha, you need to be, hahaha

3. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hey apha,

nice guitar man !!! looks very very sweet indeed ..especially the pickguard

,,but is the guitar made off teak !!
    then it must be dam heavy rite ??how heavy is the guitar,ron ? as heavy as your Lp or more ???
    you must have gone for a floyd man..then it would have bein a perfect replica of the randy rhoads guitars...but overall the guitars looks very sweet man ..!!!very nice job by tulsi ..

but i can tell you a few things man ,and they are probably the only disadvantages of a flyin V ...you cant sit and play ...its an absolute pain. it is very difficult to sit and play cuz you cant rest it between you knees and you cant hold it like a strat on 1 knee..you gotta stand and practice !!!! and if you guitar is heavy .,,then may GOD be with you !!

2)you cant rest your palm completely like in the strats ..in the V ..you have to suspend you right hand ..else you get only get bump notes ..

3) you gotta watch out man...there are many sharp corners which will chip easily ..so watch out and be careful not to hurt anybody ...why i say this is because i cut my friends hand when i was using my b.c rich ...

but overall ..the guitar looks awesome and the paint job is brilliant ..the disadvantages is mainly because of the shape and not the guitar itself .so dont take it wrongly man ....handle it well and keep on rockin alpha1

4. rohit

rohit New Member

only 9400 ! really good man.enjoy it.

5. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

yeah...thats a point to be taken in consideration with Flying Vee's

6. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

thnx man. btw, ru lefty 2??:

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Why do everybody think that I am depriving Alpha1 of his guitar and I am alone enjoying it. :annoyed: . As a matter of fact, I haven't played any guitar after I returned from Chennai. Have been terribly busy. :eek:: . The way I felt when I held the guitar for the first time, I was like I wont get a Fly V anytime in my life. I had no clues as how to sit and play and even standing and playing was really difficult. Nothing beats a Strat or Regular Jackson or Ibanez Shape. Absolutely comfortable to play while sitting, walking, talking, standing, sleeping, etc... :beer:

8. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Sleeping? Why would you wanna do that to yourself?

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL Ronnie.
    Guess thats why they call you King Cruel.

;)

d00d am coming this friday for the Jetthrotull show.

10. ronnieanand

So that I can play it in my dreams :p: and also play it like a dream :p: :p:

11. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

@ronnie: The most comfortable way to play an RR sitting down is to use a foot stool. Assuming you are right-handed, you would prop your left foot up onto the stool. The upper half of the V (i.e. the longer part) of the body must to rest against your right leg near the upper thigh. I have found it convenient to tilt my leg backwards slightly so that you get a more comfortable angle for the guitar. Now if you've done that correctly the guitar will be at 45 degree angle. Now just adjust the height of the foot stool so that the top of your left leg touches the body of the guitar (just beyond the 24th fret). Now the guitar should be properly balanced and you should not have any problems playing it. Most RRs actually play like a dream once you balance them properly.

EDIT: Make sure that you do not bend your back forwards too much or it'll start hurting after a while. As far as possible try to play with a straight back.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Thanx for the advice. (Have repped you recently, so not possible this time)

I was also going to do something similar. + wear the shoulder belt, which I do for the Givson Strat copy that I have right now.

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

SHAK: Why should I go for a locking tremolo?

14. ronnieanand

So that your tremelo will lock the guitar and keep it safe when you are away. It's a safety accessory.

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:
    And what if I intend to steal the tuning and drop it to D or C#?
    And then think of returning it back to the rightful owner (E).

16. ronnieanand

There are always crooks who find out loopholes even in the most secured thing. I blame the dirty Indian politics having a role in this. :mad:

17. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Bhen$%^d
    that's the first wurd that came to my mind>

It's give u the eeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvviiiiilllllllllll sorta feeling>

AWSOME!! :beer: :rock: :rock: :rock: :nw:

it isn't that typical flying V (like the Gibson fliying V that i had the oppurtunity to play) thats uniform

I really like the pickups and the body graphics>>

Wow Man>>WoW

I Am So Jealous of u right now :mad:

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

w00t!

Finally in possession of teh RRFV.

Looks great, feals nice.

HATS OFF TO TULSI FELLOW!

Hanging from shoulder strap it felt very balanced. However there is a problem whith the sitting position. The usual cables have a straight 1/4" jack. That means the jack sticks out of the socket.
    Now teh problem arises coz the jack of FFRV is on the inner side of teh lower wing. So in order to play while sitting, u need to have the 90 degree jack (like the ones used on stomp boxes.

But my initial reaction seeing the guitar was: AWESOME WORK!

The pickups do give unwanted feedback when standing near the speakers, and I still haveto master the 5 way switch positions.
    The tremolo works fine.

Neck is "silkee" smooth, your fingers cant help gliding on it.

Inlays work is good.

Uberall excellent piece of work by Tulsi.

CrYpTiC_angel likes this.
  19. ronnieanand

I am glad you liked it. I didn't play your guitar for the fear of chipping those sharp edges. I am too damn clumsy, so preferred to leave it safe till you see it. Didn't let anybody touch it too ;) .

A lot of feedbacks which you were cribbing about is harmonic feedback. I guess that should be okay. You should just learn how to manage them. But it was also giving a bit of microphonic which can become pretty annoying.

Excellent work over all.

CrYpTiC_angel likes this.
  20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^

KUDOS to you for recommending me TULSI for getting this custom job done.

Guys pls rep Ron.