n00 GUITAR! Custom RR Flying Vee

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by alpha1, Jan 31, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

So the wait is finally over.
    Hooray!

The Guitar is ready.

It is a Randy Rhaods Flying Vee
    This is the Jackson RR1 Flying Vee original: https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/gear.php?partno=RR1_Rhoads

And attached are the pics of my custom flying vee.

Right now the guitar is with Ronnieanand, hence in the pics, you will find his Les Paul along.

Thanx Ronnie man, Nebu man, HindiRox d00d.

And ofcourse thanx to Tulsi. The d00d takes his time but is amazing.

Attached Files:

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

____
    more pix

Attached Files:

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

_______
    Still more

Attached Files:

4. Luthier

Luthier New Member

WOW. :shock: :beer: I'm Jealous now.
    Hey alpha great guitar and great pickups too.
    Hey ronnie nice chessboard....... :p:
    Alpha....can u tell us more about that guitar.

5. rohit

rohit New Member

hey , can u tell me details of of this guitar. the cost,from where did u bought it.plz send thjs details. i am going to buy a new guitar and ur info will really help.

6. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Very clean workmanship indeed.
    What are the pickups and bridge? Also what is the 5-way wiring? Does the tremolo stay in tune with the tuning bridges being staggered and not in a straight line?
    BTW Ronnies LP looks quite cool too!

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

amazing guitar....congrats

BTW the looks of the guitar are kinda misleading.....doesnt seem it belongs to a Blues' fan :p:

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Luthier and Rohit: will surely do.

Abhijitnath: The pikcups are of some Korean make. 5 way wiring has to be redone. Dunno about tremolo being in tune, the guitar is with Ronnie, maybe he can elucidate.

Wizard: umm well I am a Glam/Hair Metal fan, first n foremost. So I guess this design shouldve been expected.

All: thanx.

Details:
    The thing has been done by Tulsi:

T. Venkoba sha
    MADRAS MUSICAL CRAFT
    12 ARUNACHALA NAICKEN STREET,
    CHINTADRIPET,CHENNAI 600 002.
    CELL 98400 52565.

I gave him the following specs:
    Well the only deviationg being he made 24 fretter instead of 22.
    But it doesnt that much to me.
    The more the merrier.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Overall thing came out to be Rs 9400.

HE does the Strat bodies fro considerably less, coz it takes up less wood.

Carved tops will be expensive.

The wood used is Teak. I think I shudve ordered for a classic looking Tele or Strat with no paint, only varnish.
    Teak is supposed to give great "woody" patterns.

Teak is also supposed to have bright tone. But with the kind of procesing I do, I think it wont matter much.

10. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey alpha
    Teak is fine for indian guitars since it does not warp and has good resistance to tension.
    But it is an oily wood and often it blunts the tools of luthiers. But teak has been used alongwith mahogany n rosewood for centuries in Indian Classical Instrument building and it is just great. U can get really stunning figure and streak patterns in Teak too.
    African teak is much lesser oil containing though.
    Overall great guitar and happy playing to u.
    Luthier

11. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

If you need feedbacks, you guys should be asking me. The Guitar is with me and poor Alpha1 hasn't even seen it. :p:.

Anyway the guitar is defenitely the best in it's price range. And Tulasi's workmanship has improved a lot. Comparing to my guitar which was made about a year back, his quality of work has become stunning.

My opinion is if he starts using exceptional wood, the best hardware and pickups, he's gonna be serious competition to a lot of big boutique guitar makers.

The finishing on the new guitar is simply awesome. You have to hold the neck to actually appreciate it. Absolutely wonderful workmanship.

The workmanship on mine was good. It was better in Nebu's guitar and it's the best in Alpha1's.

Wait till the weekend for Alpha1 to most more reviews. That's when he is going to collect it. ;)

Alpha1, thanks for posting my guitar too. :beer:

12. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

hmm so no Floyd Rose on your custom unlike the original?

13. Luthier

Luthier New Member

^^^so ronnie u are enjoying the guitar presently whereas alpha is just sitting there with his mouth watering and drooling.......hahaaha

14. ronnieanand

Yep :cool: :dance:

And Alpha1 is going to bribe me big :beer: :beer: to collect the guitar. If Alpha1 doesn't turn up, then :aggre:

15. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Incidentally what is his issue with using other woods? If much smaller guitar makers in Bombay (Albertos and that other guy in Thane) are willing to provide solid rosewood necks and maple tops on mahagony bodies, why doesnt he? Will he agree to make them out of other woods if you provide him with it? And so on

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yeah DMF: No floyd rose, I felt it to be a hassle, since I keep breaking strings quite often. Besides, I dont thinks I use the whammy that often. So Strat tremolo works fine for me.

Luthier: :annoyed: yeah correct

Ronnie: anytime man for everything. :dance:

Abhijitnath: I dunno why.

17. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

@alpha1.. i'll congratulate u when u actually get it :p:

@ronnie.. congrats! :p

18. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool man. ill oreder my nxt explorer frm tulsi......:grin:
    dose they ship to kolkata??? and wutta bout left-handed tremolo??

congratz alpha.:nw:

@ronnie da, ur guitar is cool too.....no wonder, y r u good in chess.:p:and i see ur ax1500g:grin:

19. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@alpha..nicee ....like the color..y not go for jazz and JBs like the original??
    post some clips when u get it:)

20. ronnieanand

@Abhijit. Tulsi doesn't give you option for the woods on the guitar. But if you can provide him season wood, he will make a guitar out of it. Infact he will do any kind of repair or assembling work on it. He's pretty good at it.