n00 AMT Metallizer pedal

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by alpha1, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Err... U dint know?? Oh and, I have 3, not 2 :beer:

+1 Me tooo :drool:

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Which 3?
    I remember Calif and Brit.

PS: BTW I really wanna listen to the differnce in Calif's and Brit's tone.

3. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I have the Fatal Tube, Cali & the Brit :)

The Cali and the Brit are completely different. The brit doesnt sound anything like the other AMTs. It sounds very open and uncompressed and is rich in harmonics.. Pretty typical Marshall sounds. Its quite sensitive to ur picking too. The trouble using the Brit for recording is that it sounds awesome at high bit rates, or in wav format. But mp3 at 128kbps makes it sound almost like a fuzz. The rich harmonics lead to its downfall here. :(

Playing live, the brit sound is a monster!! But the PA has to be good, or u end up with a lousy crackly fizzy sound..

If u ever do come to B'lore, let me know. We can meet up :beer:

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmmm, then make mp3 at 192kbps.

That is practically the end of my listening ability. Anyway I am deaf above 14kHz, so even 160kbps would sound the same as wav to me.

Ofcourse the voicing of Brit and Calif have to be diff. But the way those AMT duffers have their clips, all sound the same to me.

Hence, record all three. :grin:

5. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Lol!! Hmm.. Right now, I have a lot of work to do (exam season)... But lets see, mebbe I'll record something.

Where do u want me to upload the files? Soundclick only accepts 128kbps.

The AMT recordings are useless. The Fatal Tube is such a versatile pedal, and they go and record it only with full gain and drive.