MY yamaha F310

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by uses28, Oct 25, 2010.

1. uses28

uses28 New Member

yep atlast after 4 month search i bought a brand new guitar Yamaha F310) long with a guitar tuner from Furtado's :) and i'm happy :).....

the cost was rs 6900 (guitar+ gig bag + a set of string) + 500 (tuner) = 7400rs :) And BTW i lov the new sound..

i got some plastic picks with my my guitar ; should i buy a new pick i have read somewhere here that dunlop pick is good .. should i go for it...

THANKS to many many posters (i can't reacall the names there are many) of IGT through whom i learnt... the names that i remember ultrabot90, bcrich, guitardoctor, flood, rickkkyrich thanks for bumping into my post :)

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Nice choice indeed... Congrats..

3. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Happy NGD!

"Picks are for kids" - Charlie Hunter, Guitar Player, Nov 1995
    Be a man, learn fingerstyle.

Seriously? Pick whichever plectrum you feel comfortable with (feel and sound). Just don't pick a fat bass pick like I did once, back in the day. Or then again, who knows. There aren't any rules.

And yer welcome ^^

4. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Good price, congrats on the buy.

For beginner rhythm guitar a very light pick is usually recommended... If you plan to concentrate on chords make sure you get a very light pick. For lead get a heavier pick you are comfortable with. So basically buy one pick as light as possible and one heavy pick you feel comfortable with. Dunlop picks are supposed to be "good", but I haven't tried them so don't know what's good about them.

Best of luck

5. uses28

uses28 New Member

o... now i have sore fingers ..... :)

6. cheesy_chester

cheesy_chester New Member

Congrats n jst enjoy d pain n pleasuer of learning guitar
    i hv enjoyed my days with my F310 n still i practice more on it dan my LL6
    keep it clean use carefully d outer polish is quite soft
    talking abt picks if u hv oily skin or fingers den u surely need a good investment on picks
    jst blindly pick "sure picks" frm planetwaves dey r rubber moulded n grips well in ur finger
    i choose medium gauge means medium hard dey r best choice

7. kumarmanu4

kumarmanu4 New Member

8. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I have used some Dunlop picks and i must say they are quite good. The nylon or ultex one's specially are good. I personally use a Jim Dunlop Tortex 0.60 mm for acoustic playing, or if the need be a slightly thicker Jim Dunlop Tortex 0.73mm Black. Picks thicker than this are not needed on an acoustic i think. Ofcourse it is my opinion others may differ but in the end it is just what YOU feel comfortable with. For electric playing I usually use an Ultex pick great attack, negligible wear. But my ultimate electric guitar pick is the Dunlop Jazz 3 Ultex/Nylon. It is small in size but has a great tip and is great for pinch harmonics and stuff. But I can see from your post you intend to play acoustics so i'd suggest you what guitardoctor suggested start off with a thin pick like 0.30mm or 0.40mm nylon they are really thin and flexible and have a lot of give. And as you develop your picking skill move on to a Tortex 0.60mm. If you have excessively sweaty hands and the pick keeps slipping out of your hand try the Dunlop Gator Grip ones, they have an excellent grip.

9. deepsal

deepsal New Member

try jazz iii picks both,the normal ones and the xl ones you wont touch any other random plastic pick after that i uses the jazz ii xl

10. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

The OP seems to be a beginner and playing an acoustic guitar, i wouldnt recommend something as thick as the jazz 2 or 3 for acoustic playing, for electrics it is excellent especially the ultex one but it is really hard to find. Moreover i feel beginners should start with a thin pick and gradually move on to a thicker one, to my ears anything thicker than 0.80mm on acoustic sounds dead.

11. Pravas

Pravas New Member

I use 0.81 mm and love the tune of it. Just a personal preference friend.

12. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Thats why i wrote to my ears :D