My Tulasi Custom guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nebuchadnezzar, Apr 25, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

It's a maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard with medium jumbo frets. The good things about the neck is it's very smooth both at the backside of the neck and also the fretboard. So pretty good in handling. The downsides are the fretting is not done very well. The way the hammering was done for the fretting job is not impressive. It's not dented but you could see it's kind of flat in a lot of places. Still it's kind of even and there's no issue of uneven dents. He is not very good at Fretting. His body work is phenomenal. I guess you are enquiring for getting a neck for your JEM with the vine of life inlays. He cribbed so much to make trapezoid inlays for my Les Paul copy. In fact I had asked for him if you could make the vine of life for me if I ordered something like JEM without the Floyd Rose. He sais that inlay is not possible by him. So forget getting your neck done by him. I guess you are somewhere in Europe. If you have somebody in US, try to catch hold of EdRoman guitars. They can make excellent replacement necks for your guitar.

2. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

I know the Ed Roman Guys as I shuttle between the US & UK. But their work is a rip off - albeit extremely awesome. I have a Vine Inlay Template which basically makes an ink template on the fretboard and then with a bit drill, it just needs to be carved out. Following which one needs to insert the peraloid vine inlay - which also I have...just need a luthier to do it...am crap at all this.

If I can find a luthier, then I can start making imitation Jem necks (have access to all colour vines)....nice one huh?

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

U might keep Tulasi as a last option..bcoz wen I asked him why he wudnt do any other inlays..he said that he didnt have the templates..since u have both the template and the inlay he might be able to do it......

4. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

But Tulasi is far....in India I visit only Mumbai (sadly)...maybe that dias guy could work....Shredder quoted he can make it for Rs. 3700 = $85 :) A real replacement neck takes ages to get and costs upwards of $500!! So, this can be a steal!! Only if someone can do it...I have a friend in Germnay who's a luthier...but a neck is something you need to see in front of you and keep checking on it....what do you feel?

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Well...since this thread is about my first elec guitar:p:...I would say I'm ill-qualified to comment..hehe...but my research on the net has got me interested in guitar building all the same:)

6. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

is there any guitar deisnging software ?

7. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk