My Tulasi Custom guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nebuchadnezzar, Apr 25, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey Death,
    I agree that Stranger amps are crap. I hate Stranger amps. I checked out the Tulasi amps. For a real low budget I'd prefer Stranger amps to Tulasi amps. He is a Luthier not a Electronics guy to make good amps. Have you seen those Blue or Green cone speakers tied to the Lamp post. The tulasi amp sound like that.

Dude, for your low budget consider a Johnson Amp. It's decent. I'd rather suggest go in for a second hand Marshall.

2. ronnieanand

Hey Fictional, PM me now. I have clean up my mail box.

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

where can i get my hands on a second hand Marshall mg15cd?..and how much wud it cost?

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

nebu...u could try the classifieds on rsjonline.com

as far as the price...our dharmatma jared got a UK marshall for bloddy 1900 bucks!..so cross ur fingers, u might get an excelllent deal.

5. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@ronnie - haha ok thats bad....

@nebu: i tihnk u can get one easily for less than 3k...

as dennis said - look at rsj... otherwise... post a thread in igt asking for it...

6. ronnieanand

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

thnx guyz..will check these out..

8. shak

shak Harrr!

get circuit dia for marshalls from internet and make yourself one!! .. lolzz... wont cost you more than a grand

9. ronnieanand

Rigging up a circuit and getting it to work without noise is no easy deal. Moreoever getting the best quality components is also an issue. You do get electronic components but most of them are of very poor to medium quality. Good quality components make a lot of difference.

10. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

nebu i need to ask u a thing. considering u are buying ur first elec guitar, u had considerable foreknowledge in ordering ur specifications. i am planning to get one too but am completely unaware of all the details (if i get it custom made). so how do i get to know all that ?

p.s. - i cant go thru guitar gear forum coz that isd even more confusing :(

11. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

hey nemo,
    just relax.u have come to the right place .people will help u here.
    first decide wat type of music u play .generally the specifications r-
    1.no. of frets
    2.type of fret (jumbo/medium)
    3.pickup configuration
    4.design of the guitar
    5.type of wood used in body,fretboard,neck

12. ronnieanand

Hi Nemo,
    Catch hold of some decent guitar player and take him to a music store and get one ready made for you to begin with. Once you know what you want from a guitar, get a custom made then. If you dont know much about guitar, then avoid custom guitars.

13. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@nemo..I searched a LOT on the net.... read up many articles and stuff and then since I was going for my first guitar, I thought why not have my own specs instead of some limited featured strat or LP copy....u can say that I have ordered a set of features which will theoretically give me a good, versatile guitar , how it will turn out may be another matter...and I am sure it will take quite a while for me to appreciate the difference in tone, playability etc etc from other models....but so what..:)..this is MY signature model..hehehe

@shahrukh..cant say similar thoughts havent crossed my mind..but as Anand says making circuits work in practical situations aint easy..hell..even small 1-2 transistor circuits on a bread board misbehave a lot...:)

14. ronnieanand

Talk about loose contacts, dry solder and all possible evil. Sometimes all possible evil breaks loose when the entire circuit looks to be weldone. I am not discouraging. I have also had experiences of getting a slightly bigger circuit with ease. If a first timer, think ten times before trying it out.

15. shak

shak Harrr!

true ... but if u have sometime on yur hands. .. give it a try! you have nothin to lose. .. and it would be a good time pass! ..
    i must admit i tried making a ts9 for ma self ... failed miserably ..so went out and bought one.... believe me it seemed to be worth every penny..LOL!!

16. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

thx every1 !! ok the kind of music i like is all that is soulful (also that might be relative term) . but in general i like songs like stairway to heaven, november rain (theri solos are exquisite ) .in the hindi category i really love fuzon and strings. i am not really into listening the metal and the death metal stuff, though i am always open to learn them just to improve my technique ! i hope u'd get the idea..

.. ok so can ne1 elaborate upon the points 'rust' mentioned like medium/jumbo frets and the 'pickup configuration' and also hoe the type of wood used also matters .

17. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Hey, you you bought a guitar already? I am selling an Epiphone Les Paul Custom...have a look at my post!!

Cheers!

18. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Update: Tulasi will take 10-15 days more for completing my guitar :mad:..today was supposed to be the original delivery date....:(

19. ronnieanand

Welcome to delivery pattern of Tulasi. I was promised 20 days but it took 60 days. So you have few more days to go and till then keep :dance:

20. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Ronnie: What is the finish like of your guitar's neck (Tulasi)? Can you post some pics if you don't mind.