My Tulasi Custom guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nebuchadnezzar, Apr 25, 2005.

1. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I just ordered my custom guitar from Tulasi today :cool: :beer:

Following are the specs:
    1. General :
    > PRS custom-24 design,amber burst colour

2. Neck :
    > 24 medium jumbo frets
    > Maple with rosewood fingerboard
    > Inlays : LP style crown inlays
    > White Binding all around neck

3. Bridge : Tun-o-matic style

4. Pickups: 2 Humbuckers with coil splitting

5. Switching: 5-way
    1. Bridge HB
    2. Neck and Bridge HB
    3. Neck HB
    4. Outer coils split
    5. Bridge split

6. 2-Volume 1 tone knobs

Hope it comes out well..it will take 25 days to complete and is costing me 9k.

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

seems like its gonna be pretty awesome..crossing me fingers.
    ..do post a pic and a sound clip when it does arrive.
    :rockon:

3. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

can u give me the address of tulsi ????

I also want to order one !!!!!
    my all gears are custom-made , coz I'm a lefty !!!!!

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@dennis..will surely post a pic wen done..but thats like a month away..:(

@lefty....Tulasi is in Chintadripet, Chennai.Their phone no. is 044-28527263 and u can email them at mm_craft@yahoo.com.

He actually made a 20W practice amp with distortion too..pretty cool..hes charging 2.2 k for that if anyone is interested....

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

dumb question...
    isnt this illegal????
    how can they just copy PRS design?

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Oh come on......there are thousands of strat and LP copies made by all sorts of manufacturers....do they have permission from from Fender and Gibson?Only PRS was sued for Gibson for their singlecut....What does PRS know or care if some where in some corner of India somebody makes a guitar that loosely looks like their design?...:p:

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey,
    Get some good replacement pickups. The stock pick ups are good for Rhythm playing but it doesn't cut through for lead very well. It's not noisy but with some very high gain patches in my AX1500G, it gives a Microphonic feedback which is very very band. It's not the regular feedback which we all yearn for. Microphonic feedbacks are very high frequency shrills which wont go even if you mute the strings. You just have to cut down your volume. It might come even while you are playing, so be aware of that stock pickups. As he claims they are not great pickups. My GB&a has far better pickups. Anyway I have ordered Dimarzio Norton for the bridge position for my Tulasi guitar. You might consider changing the pickup selector switch as well. It's pretty hard not as soft as the good ones.
    All the best and dont have too much expectations.

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hey its my first elec...and I'm sure I can learn a lot from the whatever it has to offer.... will upgrade when I learn to play decently and can appreciate what is missing from its sound...:)...so I'm ok for 5-6 months atleast...
    BTW did u check out the amp he made?A 20W one with distortion....

9. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

hi everyone....

i just wanted to know if the TULSI people ship the guitars 2...

10. ronnieanand

I had talked to Tulasi regarding this for a friend in Delhi. He said he can do it through GATI. He also assured that it'd reach safely. I wouldn't do it though for my guitar.

11. ronnieanand

I played through his 20W Amp and also another 100W Amp he had made. I didn't like it though. His hard case is good.

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

hmm.....but is the amp worth it at 2.2 k ?..the only thing that comes in that range is a Stranger...

13. ronnieanand

I guess the stranger is better. Me in your shoes would go for a stranger or a Marshall 15W second hand if I had a very low budget.

14. rust_in_pain

can i order a guitar with my choice of pickups....
    also how do they take the payment...only down cash?? b coz i cant go to chennai 2 times

thanks

15. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I think if u provide him the pickups he will put it gladly..dont think he can import it for u though..he gets all his supplies from Korea...

Payment: he takes 1-2k in advance and rest on completion..he also accepts Demand Drafts...if u are interested u can call him at the no. I have given below....

16. ronnieanand

You cannot have choice of pickups except for single coils or humbuckers. If you want some other good pickups, you will have to provide him and he will reduce Rs.800 from the guitar price if you provide him with the pickups. You can call or mail him, send him the picture of the guitar you like and what colour you want him to paint. Pay him an advance of Rs.2000 by a draft payabale at Chennai and you can give him the rest when you collect the guitar.

17. rust_in_pain

thanks for the info.....
    i am doing research work for buying my first electric guitar
    nothings decided yet

18. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@ronnieanand.....dude, you have exceeded the storage limit of your private message inbox. please clear. thanx.

19. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

nono - im convinced that thers nothing worse than stranger/custom sound amps - theyre dam bad - im sure tulsi customs are better!!! - i ahve a stranger - trust me on this - at volumes>6, the amp starts distorting and this is not the kind of distortion you want!!!

it sounds crap...

20. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

hmm..I have run into maaajor cash problems...looks like the amp's gonna have to wait...
    But I guess plugging into a comp just aint the same...I read this article on how the actual output of a pickup is rich in mids and sounds muddy..the amp circuit's frequency response compensates for this by having supressed mids...so the response is kinda skewed 'U' shaped.....marshall circuits allow some lower mids to go thru to get that Marshall sound...Fender amps supress lower mids too and allow some high mids to get the clear and bright fender sound....