My recordings: hotel california, country roads, medley..

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by sachoo, Mar 17, 2006.

1. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

Hi Guys,

Did few songs. First attempt was failure but thnx to vini for corrections. Numbers are:

1. Hotel cali - Did it with mikku (my cousin, from who taught me how to play guitar). He's on starting and ending guitar. I m on vocals and guitar. song is dedicated to ssweet california (where i cud not play guitar for 3 months, dumb me).

2. Country roads - First eng song i learned n the one here is rap mix. Dedicated to angie (american sis at alabama, not the angie's here) coz she hate this song.

3. Lakdi ki kaathi - I just thot of playing it coz this was always on my big mouth as a child n thts y still i remember it by heart. Dedicated to all those who always forcefully made me sing this song, specially my relatives.

4. Medley - Dunno y i did it but this is dedicated to my grandmother. She wud hv been so glad to see me singing this n i miss her very much.

Big list and big post, so ppl do let me know ur feelings if you ever get a chance ;). All the best...LOL..

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=504241

Enjoy :beer:
    sachoo

krazy_gal and fat_kax like this.
  2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

1)Hotel california- The intro leads were a bit wrong, vocals were off and there were a few places where the chords went awry. This one i appreciated but i wasnt too much a fan of. You're trying too hard on the vocals
    2)Country Roads- You come into your own here, everything sounds natural here, one mistake you made at some point in the chording, but vocals sound perfect to me
    3)Ladki ki kaathi- This is such a fun song! :grin: Never heard it before but you made it that much special for me :grin: The strumming was perfect, i loved this song, i really really did.
    4)Medley- Put a bit of life into your singing, the guitar sounded fine to me. Your niche is singing and play hindi songs.
    Overall, dude, you rock man :rock: I dont say that about very many people.

By the way, thread moved to IGT soundtrack.

3. Mohsin shahid

Mohsin shahid New Member

i listened to your hotel cali and u really got messed up .The same problem is with u in the vocals that u arent singing it on high pitch i felt like u are talking
    and i felt a little classical touch in guitaring i felt that u r playing a song of 80's lol
    u need to improve your vocals guitar tu ho he jaye ga

nice try !

4. duj

duj New Member

Hey I am no professional guitarist in fact I am a beginner and I really appreciate your effort dude but I must say ......

Country Roads, Your vocals ver quite off traack.... did not sound at all like you were singing countryroads except for in the chorous.....

Lakdi ki kaathi was good to hear.... I dont know if they have posted the chords to that her please post them if you dont mind.....

Your medley was good but like a prev post said, you need to put in some more jaan yaar ......
    I have no comments on hotel california....its a tough song to play and you made a fantastic effort dude......

5. sachoo

Thanks sarat, ur feedback has motivation and i promise to do better. and thanks again for lakdi ki kaathi :eek::. Hey, sorry bout being high earlier (rock thing :p: ).

Thanks Mohsin, we will be dng california again n may be i was talking it too fast ;) . 80's :p:. Pehle guitar yaar, vocals toh ho he jaayega.

Thanks Duj, made country roads chorus ..hehehehe.. slow version wud sound more like poem. I will put jaan now :) (i actually recorded all the songs one after another except california, may be tht's y).

Even i dunno chords for ladki ki kaathi, just played it as it came to my mind. will post it separately.

Wonderwall wud be next.

:beer:
    sachoo

6. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

ok = im not much of a critique - and i only chked out the medley - so here goes nuthin,,,
    LUVLi - but as alredy mentioned - werk up the vocals - u got a real nice voice - scream some... but guitarin wuz wonderful - and i bet u were outta breath after that
    :rockon:​

7. vini

vini Repeat Offender

wooo..nice good old songs u selected!

at some points as pointed out already..the notes went haywire..really liked lakdi ki kaathi and country roads...u can be an good singer someday !!..keep practising for ur vocal chords :)

8. sachoo

Thanks fatkax. u r getting better day by day :p: but mine n real gud voice :shock: . anyways but i wud also get a bit serious on this now.

Thanks vini. Actually i planned to do california n CR but then i thot it wud be unfair for not selecting adorable hindi numbers, so i jus did them in sequence. but yeah i need more guitar practice.

Tho confused now, other 3 says tht vocals not good. fatkax n u say (i can be a gud singer.. lol) it's nice. i will make it dear..thnx :rock:

can i sing "Don't look back in anger" by oasis :cool: . Love this song.

sachoo

9. folkpoet80

folkpoet80 Member

Good effort buddy. I've never been able to play the california intro, but I think you took a decent stab at it.
    You totally killed Country Roads though. Don't try to sing it like a Hindi Song. I'm not sure if you know the song. Chords were off.
    Unless your goal was to make a medley or parody out of the song :)
    Try to sing it again with proper chords and stanzas. This is one of the easy songs. And that's from a novice like me. May be I'll try to record it this weekend.

10. sachoo

Hey thnx folk. ok firstly as mentioned earlier it wasn't me on the intro. Tht's my cousin mikku (who taught me playing guitar).
    But sry if my country roads rendition really hurt u :(. but tht was remix or parody (as i said) but lol like a hindi song :shock: . The chords r absolutely correct but were palyed fastly.
    However i m gonna do the cover (if u say) this weekend but dude tht's boring no.

:beer:
    sachoo

11. folkpoet80

folkpoet80 Member

Boring? That's one of the most played songs on this planet. I have deep respect for John and his songs. Probably one of the few singers and songwriters whose lyrics and music meant something and changed many lives.
    Compare it to the trash that comes out these days. I intend to record country roads this weekend. let's see. Sorry I didn't know you weren't playing the guitar.
    Cheerio!! :))

By the way, try these chords if you're really serious on playing it.

https://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.ultimate-guitar.com/print.php?what=tab&id=57606

12. krazy_gal

krazy_gal WTG

O Shit! how have i missed these Sachin buddy? sorry for the late reply yaar. but wow yaar that was so good. I just loved ur Lakdi ki kathi :) it was so cutie cutie....like the strumming too.

good vocs friend. keep working on it!!

Reps for ya ;)

sayanakaharry likes this.
  13. sachoo

i m playing this only dear, jus in the last it's F n not G.... .. allrighty i will do it again ..coz it's friday :beer: but pls expect the exact guitaring frm the original :eek:: , u know wat i mean (coz it's jus not one guitar played in there n i m not good in plucking n all).

This song is VERY close to my heart mere bhai (tho i hvnt heard any other of john denever). Please record, i wud love tht n it's good. u know y coz kage screweded it , so i had to do it n now mine hurt u, so pls ;). n i m only playing the guitar. i said it for hotel california.

:beer: for the weekend
    sachoo

14. sachoo

coz u were busy in jiya dhadak dhadak ;) .... tht's unbeliveable ... no words, honestly.

hmmm "good vocs" :confused:, dil rakhney kay liye mat bol n do make me learn something... i know they arn't good.

thnx for rep... n i forget for ur "jiya dhadak"

15. fat_kax

hey sachoo dude - u got chords fer "phoolon ka taaron ka sabkaa kehna hai - ek hazaroon mein meri behena hai..."

16. sachoo

hehehehe... tht's a teaser golu or u really want it :p: .. lol but tht's suppose to be one of my fav as child.. embarrasses me now.. i will try to find them. i think u can do the tabs for it.. ur play them kool..

17. fat_kax

its ok dude - i figured em out...:rock:
    coincedence coincedence - my fav too...i still like it - but then i guess im still a kid huh?

18. sachoo

good... so do gimme the chords (m more lazy ;) ) but not the tabs.

Boy in class 12 = kid :think:

19. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

MAN!!! i loved Lakdi ki kaathi....Superb!!! just one small thing...its...kaathi "PE" ghoda... :p:

if possible,can u post the chords for these?

amazing effort....

20. sachoo

hey thnx Ankur, m glad tht u liked it. haan yaar even i was confused ki it's "kaathi pe.." or "kaathi ka.." (was thinking of same).. thnx again.

i actually.. m lazy.. shud hv given it earlier as promised. it is like this..

g............d.........Em.......C........
    lakdi ki kaathi, kaathi pe ghoda
    g............d.........Em.......C........
    ghode ki dum pe jo maara hathodaa

These are the all chords as it goes. me not a very gud guitarist. jus trying a bit :beer:

sachoo