My ReCordIng:BoDhU Re- CaCtUs....Sure u'll lyk it....

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by g0g0l, Oct 20, 2006.

1. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

This is my best effort till date.....So, please listen to the song and give ur opinions..those are precious for me....

Info:-
    This is a Bengali song sung by Cactus.....
    The lead, arpeggio, rythm and Vox are by me..
    I used a Randy Rhoads true tone copy and a Digitech RP50.....

Click here to open in player (Hifi)
    Click here to go to the song page

2. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

13views
    0 reply

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

bura na mano, diwali hai.

I heard it yesterday and was too lazy to comment. I'll give you a full report tomorrow.

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

thnk u thnk u :)

5. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

How can you be sure about someone liking it?

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I think you've taken this too low. Your voice sounds really awesome when you go to the higher parts. Maybe it would help if you started at the original scale....I think you started this at Am? At the low parts, you're sort of struggling a little I thought and it's not sounding nearly as nice as it would in your voice if you started at Bm. You have a lovely voice....bring some confidence in.

One more thing....when you say "Tui amay Pagol", you'll notice that in the later parts when you're singing, you're saying it with a very open mouth whereas the original singer says it in a very supressed way. It's not sounding bad though.

Also...for the lead in the beginning, use a different setting. In the presets on the RP50, I've played 1-5 and I think one of them could suit your purpose.

I think it's a good recording though there's room for improvement. I like this song :beer:

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Not sure bout u though :p:

@BJR dude...
    Thank u very much :)...I will try to improve what u told me to.....:)

jozko likes this.
  8. jozko

jozko Banned

Excellent work Sugata!! I really enjoyed it. beautiful voice. nice soft slow music. reps to u!
    bjr r u bengali?? what abt akkyy?

Bengal is one state that has produced most of my fav indian artists.
    I believe following are all bengalis
    Kishore Kumar n bros
    Hemant Kumar
    Bappi Lahiri
    Burmans
    Manna De
    Salil Choudhary

did i miss any prominet names in popular music. I am big fan of all listed.
    Salil Choudhary has created the best Malayalam melodies ever, Manna dey has sung one of the best songs in Malayalam. Awesome!! Immense talent

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Thnx Jozko :)
    BJR dude is bengali.....Akky dude is not :p:

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

No, but I've lived in Calcutta all my life. I don't know why sugata keeps thinking I'm a bengali <3

11. jozko

jozko Banned

thx bjr, hehe how'll sugata react to that. I thought u and akky were not Bengalis eventhough u people posted in this thread. I just asked to confirm.

I think you still live there and are versed in Bengali language. Kolkata should be a great place to fourish as a guitarist/musician. Kerala is more exposed to Bengali news and events due to historic communist links. I have great respect for Bengali musicians I listed. I think Souman Das is Bengali but not seen here lately. I have got Soumans Chalte Chalte and Neele Neele chords saved on my disk. Really miss his posts

Sugata is more an impressive music performer than spammer :p:

12. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Bengali or not, he can speak it very well...So, for me, he's a bengali :grin:
    Thik bollam to apu bhai?? :grin:

13. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:cry2: :cry2:

14. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

@ jozko : dude,.. juzz stfu

@ sugata : u didnt answer my question.

15. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Coz I hav tried my best so that everyone does.....Now, if someone doesn't lyk it, it's upto him or her to say why he doesn't(Believe me, that's the thing i want the most :) )....

16. jozko

jozko Banned

@akky dude i juzz ftsu :D
    @Sugata dude sorry lol