My Own Composition (plz reply)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by parry, Jun 27, 2008.

1. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Hi guys, this is my second composition (titled Jana Meri Jana) after I made one song titled 'Mein kho jaoon' and which was beautifully mixed by keoraf on keyboards.
    Feel free to offer comments and let me know my sur faults and what improvements I can make.
    The link is given below.

https://soundclick.com/share?songid=6669231

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Hey Parry, very nice track man. Just have to say this, you have a very good feeling about how to make a new composition, it really sounds good, my well-meant compliments man.
    The guitaring is good and the vocals, just try to put some more feelings in your voice and ofcourse you also have to try to improve your Sur faults!
    Overall Parry, you are on the good way man, just keep up this good work!!!

3. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

nice composition man..........the strumming's nice........voice is also good......just some feelings as keoraf rightly said.......

maybe you should add some keyboards for this too.......it sounds that type.......

just keep up the creativity and good work!

cheers!
    :beer:

4. ron_rockz

ron_rockz Guitarist

impressive........:) nicely done.....

5. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Thanks keoraf

Thanks for taking time keoraf and thanks for the objective comments. I dont have a teacher and have never taken any professional training neither for guitar or voice and previously I was all alone in this endevour but not now. thanks for the encouragement.

6. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Thanks sukrut

Hi sukrut, thanks for the comments and taking time to hear my song. yes i know and understand the feeling thing which is missing. Dont know when will it come . Also dont know whether keroaf has time to do the keyboard for this song. Thanks again

7. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Thanks ron_rockz

Thanks buddy, You people really encourage novices like me.

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I think you're very good at composing. This is a simple tune yet very catchy and easy to connect to.

The one thing I'm going to bitch about here is the guitaring. The strumming spoils the song. It's far too rough and it gets a little monotonous. How long have you been playing? This is something that gets better with time so you shouldn't worry about it too much.

About the voice, you've done well but you're making your voice quiver which is not a good sign unless you meant to do it that way(or maybe that happened because I was listening to it lofi?). Practice singing steady notes...with a harmonium or synth.

9. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Thanks bjr

Thanks so much. Yes I understand what you are saying. I started learning guitar from dec last year. And till now I have done it all on my own. I learnt classical hawaian guitar when I was in college 10 yrs back but i left it in two years. I have no formal training whatsoever neither in voice nor guitar. I am 30 now and just started in this new endevour and looking forward to it.
    Thanks again. Btw where r ur songs uploaded?

10. absolutely_neo

absolutely_neo New Member

better than any other self composition on this forum.. till date..
    you're talented.

11. sugat

sugat New Member

dude u r rockstar yar... ***y work... and gr8 singing.. u rock...

12. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Thanks

Neo : Wel neo to be frank i am a fan of your voice. I have downloaded the fabulous kabhi kabhi aditi song sung by you. I listen to it often now. Also the way you sung rakesh's composition 'wahi surat' was great.
    Thanks for the encouragement though :)

Sugat : Wel thanks dear would love to listen to you too some time soon.

13. ron_rockz

ron_rockz Guitarist

well i don't totally agree wid dis :think: there is a lot of scope for improvement, specially the guitaring as bjr suggested, i hope ur next compositions will be even better!!! keep rocckkiinnnggg!! :rock:

14. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

And I agree with you ron. thanks for commenting again.

15. absolutely_neo

absolutely_neo New Member

there is a scope for improvement almost everytime..
    but this guy has done remarkable work if its a first time.

16. ron_rockz

ron_rockz Guitarist

i agree :rock:

all i wanted to say dat its not the best yet.....but its remarkable for suree..!!