My new YAMAHA CS40 Classical!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sDEVs, Mar 27, 2010.

1. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hi friends,

I have my new Classical Guitar YAMAHA CS40 which I purchased a couple of days earlier, from Furtados Mumbai, after playing & trying

Yamaha C40, C70, Walden (In Furtados)
    Pluto, Granada, (In Bhargavas)
    Ibanez (In Musicians Mall, Bhargawas)

Liked the meloow soft calm sound of the CS40, was actually confused between C70 & CS40, but the size of CS40 actually made me go into its favour, very handy & most of it's sweet tone...

Want to take it to a trip where I can play it on a calm cold eveing watching the rising moon!
    :rock:

Attached Files:

2. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

The pics are taken at my home with my N73...

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

congrats for ur purchase...

4. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Thanks Riccky Rich!!!

5. arya809

arya809 New Member

Did you read my thread about yamaha cg101a?

I bought it mainly for flamenco, and it does not live upto rumba flamenco. But its okay for learning rumba rhythm and songs.

You bought cs40, which is just another entry level guitar, so i don't think it will sound significantly better than c40, although cg101a does. Sorry, i didn't mean to compare, but seeing another guy going for cheap entry level classical guitar really pissed me off.

I mean just collect cash for around 6 months or more, and you can increase your budget above 10000 rs. I myself wanted guitar around rs 20000, but Kolkata is useless for buying costly & imported acoustic guitars, so i had to buy cg101a in hurry since it was the only model above rs 10000 available.

That guitar (cg101a) is in mint condition, as good as new and properly HUMIDIFIED for the summer, hence it sounds clear and crispy. I am telling this cuz i just got the idea of selling that guitar in kolkata, if someone is interested, lemme know. Only reason for selling is that i wanna buy a guitar double its price.

6. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

It's true about you saying "Entry Level Guitar", I would now learn the classical things now, then later on will shift to some reasonably good TRUE classical material...
    Its rather I just wanted to start with classical, so I hurried... Till now I am happy with the tone & finish... Anyways thanks bro... :) Let me know how to learn classical guitar n a good way...