My New Kramer Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by metal=heaven, Apr 9, 2006.

1. metal=heaven

metal=heaven New Member

finally iv got sum pics of my new(almost new) guitar..bought it on 14th feb so i guess im a li'l late in potsing the pics:p: .the quality of the snaps aint tht gud,clickd it frm a Nokia 6600!!
    :rock: :rock:
    Pic_248_.jpg

Pic_265_.jpg

Pic_267_.jpg

Pic_247_.jpg

im in love wid my guitar:)

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Nice giutar man Congrats:beer:

3. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

finally ...i see an IGTian with tht 203$ sweet heart ..wat a guitar man..its awesome ...have played it once ...not urs ..but the one with HSH ..and felt great ..especially the maple neck ...same thin in urs ..only HSS..also it comes with groer tuners ...dam gud guitar man..enjoy it ...

anyway..how is the floyd ??does it hold tunin well ?
    can u tel me the exact price u paid (in rupees )??..u bought from musicyo rite ??? did u sihp directly ?

4. metal=heaven

metal=heaven New Member

@sridhar:thnx!!:)
    @satch:thnx man.it IS an awesum guitar!i dint get from musicyo though,bought it from Bharat in lajpat nagar(delhi)!i bot a marshall 10cd along wid it,both of 'em 2gthr costd 20k,but he was asking 21k initially for the guitar alone,had 2 negotiate a bit!ppl say tht i still ended up payin more but..nevrmind.it ws worth it!the HSH one ws also thr,it ws for i guess 1k more.
    abt the floyd rose,initially i hd trouble wid the tuning but now its holding up pretty well(actually for the first few dayz i dint lock it so mayb thts y it got out of tune pretty soon..)

5. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

actually..even though the guitar is sold for 203$ in musicyo.com...i stil think its worth 20k man...but ofcourse.if u buy in INDIA ..u wil get robbed ...

looks great ,feels great,and with coil tappin ..u can get infinite diferent tonal variations ...those quadrails are supposed to contain 4 coils ...meanin ..each quad rail is equivalent to 2 humbuckers !!!...
    but..u shud have put the 1k more and got the HSH man..I think it wud have being worth it..but..anyway..diff ppl like diff setups...enjoy and post some recordins ..
    gud to hear the floyd is good now ...I was really tempted to buy this guitar long time back..but dem..my frnd who owned the HSH kept tellin me how his guitar used to go off-tune durin gigs especially while raisin the pitch..and tht is not a gud thing !!...

6. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

kramers are pretty ok guitars. I have tried one in furtadoes. They were good but lower part of neck was messy. Forget the bridge. Pretty neat for starter however i feel guitars are too expensive in India. Really shameful.

7. pikrohit

pikrohit New Member

mann!! thats one hellova difference in cost.

8. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

yeah HSH wud have have been worth it...:p: bharat also stocks some great aria's, u cud have gone for those too...;) but for each his own...good guitar , congrats,do post some recordings soon,say wat, record at my place and i'll waive off the stdio hours fr you......:beer:

9. fictional_real

Whats the wood? Looks like basswood to me. One i played was Mahogany (well, thats what the seller claimed!).

why dont you post the details for us?

10. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I played a kramer at furtado's and it sucked big time. If these quad rails do anything its add more mud to an already muddy guitar. Looks nice though. (don't quote me on that though)

Seems odd saying this but the best playing guitar at furtado's a couple of weeks back was also one of the ugliest i've seen... just goes to show.

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

The Krammer guitars available today are not the same GREAT Krammer guitars available back in the 80's which EVH, Joe Sat, Vivan Campbell ext ext used. Krammer was bought by Gibson in 1991or 1992. And gibson sells them online through thier musicyo website, alomg with the STEINBERGER whin again they had bnought out. Both Krammer and Steinberger had gone Bankrupt.The real greta Krammers are the ones made during the 80's. Infact Krammer gave Gibson and Fender a hard time. Most of the Ibanez, ESP endorses you see today were all Krammer Endorses. Remmber the tones Joe Sat got in WIND SURFING WITH ALIEN. that was from a KRAMMER and not Ibanez. It is realy sad that Gibson, are using the Krammer adn Steinberger brand names to produe cheap quality guitars, when they can easily produce great guitar like thier own Gibson guitars.

12. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

^^^truly said, krammers were regarded as the best rock guitars in 80's... still, today, i find them much better than low end ibanez and other cheap chinese guitars.....they may be overpiced compared to wat they cost outside but wat not costs double in guitar gear here in india...though i find the neck a bit wide and thick (but then again i am used to playing my les paul so no quotes there) than i like, for 17-18k, i would happily go for this krammer than a low end ibanez...also i like the maple fretboard,my second choice, quite smooth, though the sound is a bit muddy coz the quad rail does require a bit tweaking in guitar and amp both...,it sounds great thru a good fx...

13. fictional_real

Kramer guitars or Ibanez low end guitars anything is better for a beginner however the only thing i find upsetting is there price tag in India. Doesnt worth at all. Ibanez GRX/GRG costly around 12k. Kramer which i played in Furtadoes was 18k. How on earth i do satisfied?

Kramers have good playability features than Ibanez lower end. I found the fretboard pretty smooth than Ibanez low end. Also, the action was pretty decent to play few cool riffs. Forget about playing lower frets on both of them!