My new Greg Bennet AV3

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by apray, Sep 10, 2006.

1. apray

apray New Member

Hi all.... posting some pics of my Greg Bennet AV3. Features are:
    Single cutaway mahogany body
    Bound, mahogany set neck
    Rosewood fingerboard
    Grover tuners
    Stop tailpiece
    Adjustable bridge
    2 Humbuckers
    Got a used one from a friend - loved it the moment I set my fingers on it.
    The feel of the guitar is quite good and action is superb (probably because the guy I got it from recently got it set up by a luthier in Mumbai). Finish is also good.
    Got a Kustom 20W amp to go with it for now... will get a better one once I get some of the magic back (am getting back to playing the guitar after years). Will also look out for some processor then. For now, I like the tone of this amp - got 3 band eq and a reverb - suits me since I play more of ghazals and hindi film music rather than rock or metal.

Attached Files:

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

wow..b'ful guitar man..how much did u pay

3. apray

apray New Member

Got it for Rs. 9k from a friend. Furtados price for a new one is Rs. 13,875/-.

4. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

bhargavas was selling it to me for 11

5. apray

apray New Member

Yup - I was told that I could get it cheaper at Bhargava's - was planning to go to Mumbai (Furtados + Bhargavas) with a guitarist friend to buy an axe but I just came across this lovely piece and decided to go for it. The best part is that it has recently been set up very beautifully which I guess would not be the case usually with a new guitar.

6. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

well anything but new is better but who says your is not good i still repent my buyin of grg170dx than this i love tis baby and would want to buy tis anytime and see man u got a beatiful ***y baby with you treat her with due respect

7. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

gr8 lukin LP replica............Do post sum sound clips :p

8. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

thats a beauty pal....a great looking LP copy....the finish looks superb..bet those humbuckers sound rich...

congrats buddy!!!

9. kunalsarkar1984

kunalsarkar1984 New Member

The furtados online price now is saying INR 16500 how ??? Is it that the price has gone up cause the GB AV 1 itself is INR 12950.How come u got AV 3 for 13875 ??

10. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

You have bumped a 5 year dead thread..what do u expect gentleman..

11. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

cool mate
    i wish i had 1