My new Gibson classic honeyburst

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by pro_Guitar, Dec 15, 2004.

1. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

Just got this new Gibson classic and it comes with a computer controlled self tuning system.
    So I can change the tuning from standard to open D in a click of a button .
    Saw it at Namm last year and the mechanism is simply amazing.

Attached Files:

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Wow:shock: How much did it cost dude? Awesome looking guitar though.

3. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@pro guitar.....nice guitars....how much it costed u?

LP rulz man....i gotta have one!

4. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

WOW.. cool... close to the Speed Loader concept by BCRICH...

5. mani_rawalpindi

mani_rawalpindi GUNS AND GUITARS

nice piece of hardware

6. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

I love the look of the Gibson les paul but besides the functionality of the automatic tuning system it kinda spoils its traditional looks.
    Thats the reason I sold my gibson which had a Floyd rose tremelo system. I hope future versions can have a more concealed look.
    However This modification is carried out by a third party company and theres no way they have a say in the original design so what they can do on the guitar is purely after the guitar has been built by Gibson
    In terms of functionality It rocks. No more hassles with retuning to a different pitch or open tunings.
    IF you are gigging You don't have to own many guitars with different tunings. Just change it at a click of a button.
    As for the price ,I'm not even going there. Just add a further $1000-$1500 or so to the price of the gibson.
    Speed loader's not even close to this system.
    Speed loader is just a way to restring really fast but does not do tunings.

7. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

@ Pro:- Cool stuff man.. When you come to India?? We are jamming right??

8. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

very very nice guitar :)

9. shak

shak Harrr!

OH GOD!!!.....gibson les paul is dead..and they have made a zombie clone out of its carcass....i think they should leave the original lp series alone and make second edition models with all the fancy bits that they want...jsut like paul reed smith did with tremonti and santana series!!....i can see my gibson les paul classic in the corner....crying :(

10. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Can you post a pic of this guitar in your hands? Wanna see how it looks in somewhat-real life.

Cheers!

11. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i think he has it plastic shrink wrapped and is never gonna touch it :p:
    u know like in spinal tap hehehe .. kidding

12. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@shahrukh:

i think pro mentioned that gibson makes the guitar ut someone else makes the tuner (as in gibson sticks to its classic les paul)...
    @pro:
    which thrid party fellow makes this stuff.. does he have a web page?

13. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

what happend to iuts bridge and whats tht white stuff near the humbucker

14. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@zohaib: the white and grey stuff on top of the guitar is part of the tuning system
    and the bridge is the actual tuning system - im guessing the you fool around with the switches to change the tuning and the big bridge is actually computer controlled and retunes the tensions to change the tunings

15. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

^^^dats completely amazing....might ruin the classic look however very helpful and useful for the player but ofcourse for a price.

16. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Yeah the price is tremendous, i doubt many people can pay the price tag,its like a life time investment but its really convenient in live situations(also studio), where u will be able to change tuning precisely and very quickly, even in mid song!

U'll never need another guitar :p: