My new composition - help with the raaga plz

Discussion in 'Carnatic Music of South India' started by geniusoid, Oct 26, 2006.

1. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

Dont know zilch abt raagas, but mom used to hum a bitta carnatic yrs back.... I`ve composed an impromptu composition called "The path to nowhere" - its raaga based and i`m used a Sa Pa Sa Pa kinda tuning on my guitar....

Can anyone tell me which raaga this is in? (I know this is funny, but i donno wht the name of this raaga is)

This is the page link: https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=565809

The composition is titled "The Path to Nowhere"

anshphenomenon, jozko and SG1 like this.
  2. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

dude i dun know about the Raga stuff .. but whatever u playd there is just BOMB had so a really nice tym lsnin to its its awsome .. keep uip the good work .. REPS for you

3. geniusoid

Thanks pal..... I actually got stuck to this raaga when i heard Rehman's Hai Raama yeh kya hua.... my mom said tht its raaga Panthuvarali, but I had asked some other ppl on soundclick for some clarity and someone said tht there are shades of Basant raaga towards the end...

I have no clue abt tht... thanks for the reps and the feedback :)

The gat sounds much more soothing, coz of the tuning....its not the usual EADGBE - its a BEBEBE tuning (6th string to 1st) - try it.....

4. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

awsome man .. yea will do that as soon as i reach home

5. jozko

jozko Banned

awesome!!! reps
    Jay or Kishmu might be able to identify the raaga. Or you try to contact Kapil through links in my siggy. He is an awesome guitarist but surprisingly humble. he plays raaga on guitar. But Hindustani not Carnatic I think.

Great stuff dude. u r amazing. I am also going to listen to all ur soundclick work shortly. btw did u post HC + RHTDM on youtube. I think there's a video with similar title there, rgds

6. geniusoid

Hey thanks for the reps :)

Yeah the vidz on YouTube are mine...performed at a function for Ambit RSM where my pal (the violinist) works....

https://www.youtube.com/user/geniusoid

Check out the other composition called REVIVAL....

As for the raagas, yeah i`ll contact the guy u told me abt.... thanks for the info!

7. geniusoid

ok got this frm an expert - its Panthuvarali raagam with a few stray notes (i swear i didnt intend to sway - but when u`re playin impromptu, it happens sometimes!) :D