My new choices

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by mymusicmyguitar, Jun 15, 2007.

1. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Guys here are some other models that i checked out today...
    1) Jackson RR3 Rhoads - 22frets,Seymour Duncan Pickups, Floyd Rose-licensed double-locking tremolo, rosewood fretboard.
    Really liked this Guitar according to the Price Range - 31 to 33K dont remember exactly....
    https://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tar?sku=512230
    2) Mexican fenders - 31K(I guess everyone knows the specifications).
    The other one is Ibanez Jem jr(Steve Vai signature series) - 24 Frets...
    This one is for 33K.....
    I have liked the RR3 over Jem jr..

WHAT DO U GUYS THINK ABOUT THESE 3????I may even buy one of these than that second hand fender........
    Just getting confused again...as usual ;-)
    helppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!........................

2. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

hey wats the ur playin style go for jackson if ur a metal head.............

3. mymusicmyguitar

m the kind whos taste for the music ranges right from Rock&Roll-HipHop to Metal. The Guitar I need shud really be a versatile one.
    American Fender is my first choice but its far away from my reach at the moment.....(53K)
    It would be sooo great if I get some Installment Scheme by which i can buy that Usa Strat.
    Furtados has such schemes but they dont keep fenders :-(...
    m going tomm over there to ask them whether they can order one for me..and giv it to me on installment basis... It wud b soo great if they agree......

4. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

i guess u go in fr the jackson....

5. mymusicmyguitar

I am Buying a JACKSON RR3..i have liked it over Mexican strat................plz guys this is my final decision....i am not buyin that secodn hand strat.....the guy isnt ready to come below 40K.............
    RR3 - IS is a rht choice???????

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Makes sure u are comfortabl with the shape of the RR3.. Sitting and playing isnt easy.

If I were you, I'd check out that strat.

7. mymusicmyguitar

ya thats true. the shape was a real pain in the ASS...but the owner of that shop who is my friend as well assured me that once i get used to the shape i can play that guitar properly............................
    So thats the reason i chose that.....specifications r awesome..........everything bout RR3 is awesome except Shape..........

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

alpha1 owns a Rhoads copy, so he'll prolly be able to tell u more about handling the shape.

Specs wise, the RR3 doesn't come close to the MIA strat.
    The pups are Duncan Designed, not the real duncans. Plus the trem (JT580 I think) isn't all that great either.

Seriously, go try that strat again.

9. mymusicmyguitar

By the way RR3 has proper Seymour Duncan pickups and not Duncan Designed... Yeah i wud seriously like to know from Alpha1 bout his Rhoads model and how he handles it.......
    i was talkiing bout mexican strat.....is it better than RR3...i ound RR3 much better than that Mexicn Strat.........

10. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I was talking about the 2nd hand MIA strat... And the description on Bajaao says it has duncan designed pups, so better double check.