My new 7 string kramer

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DagMX, Jul 8, 2007.

1. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Got myself a really nice kramer striker 7 string. Alder body, maple neck, 24 frets with an LFR thats rock solid. Pickups are good too, With the tone knob up all the way, its got a nice strat/tele sound(very twangy). A little turned down and its got a beefy tone like Korn or Dream theatre. IMO best stock pups I've played on.

[​IMG]

any other 7 string players on here? What stuff do you play?

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

w00t - that looks cool.

So you into deathmetal etc?

3. DagMX

DagMX New Member

not really. more thrash and progressive. I like death metal when its not just about the screaming...

been playing korn, dream theater and trivium all day...

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ screaming thignie is black metal

Death is more of growling

5. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Hmmm, in my experience only progressive metal and nu-metal/alternative has seen the use of 7-stringers. Then again I've only about needed to hear a couple of black/death metal songs to decide to stay away :p:

Nice axe. I'm no longer a fan of glossy black but that maple fretboard looks good.

6. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

I have used a Stephen Carpenter 7 baritone on one recording.

7. DagMX

DagMX New Member

yeah...screamiest I'll go is Children of bodom but thats only cus they have some awesome riffs.

this is my first maple fretboard, its so smooth! Never buying another guitar unless it has a maple fretboard.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

w00ps my bad.

DM guitarists would prefer baritone guitars, but not 7 stirngers.

Those are prefereed by only p00-metal, coz the singers just rap, infcact they might just remove the higher strings like G B and E.

9. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

thts a really nice guitar.. ive played an ibanez prestige 7 string and these things rock.. the extra string can really do wonders if used correctly, although im not into new metal, more of classic rock, still i loved it..

10. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

i play only 8 string guitars.

11. DagMX

DagMX New Member

where'd you get an 8? black machine, ibanez or custom?

12. DagMX

DagMX New Member

I like the extra string. I mostly play and write thrash metal(with a little progressive metal) and I had to keep using these half-n-half tunings on my 6 string to keep the range I wanted. like I'd tune to DGDGBD, with a 7 its much nicer.

13. thehundredthone

He's trying to be a smartass. Off with his strings!

You write thrash metal too? How about putting up something?

14. DagMX

DagMX New Member

haha, whenever I get something recorded to my liking...I just have a bunch of random riffs and lyrics...

15. DagMX

DagMX New Member

so anyone else here have a 7 string to compare notes?

16. thehundredthone