My music online !!

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by varmas11, Jan 18, 2005.

1. varmas11

varmas11 New Member

my brand new music website !!

hey guys,

I just got my purevolume webpage set up and it has the one song that I wrote last year in my senior year. We only had thirty minutes to record it so please pardon the very mediocre sound. I hope you guys like it a little. take care and check it out guys! feedback is appreciated

song title: 'take it easy'

webpage: www.purevolume.com/saurabhvarma

lyrics are in the poetry and lyrics forum if you wanna sing along

take care,
    saurabh

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

good job! keep writing. keep up the good work.

3. nice one but it plays for 3 sec then stops then plays for 3 sec dont know if its the website or my server????????? nice one though good work

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Good job dude!!!! Keep it up:):) @theguitaristofm, it's your server.

5. varmas11

varmas11 New Member

thanks guys,

i'm glad you guys at least liked it a bit. this feedback is great and i'm still writing and will try to post songs soon. when me and a buddy recorded it, we only had 30 mins to do it so it was only one take. thus, obviously there are some parts that could be cut or made better or have more blend. so i am definitely open to suggestions as i'm looking to anyone on how to help make my music better. any criticism is better than any at all so keep replyin guys ! whether you like it or hate it. it'll definitely help me.

saurabh

6. tejas

tejas ..........

Its real nice. Very relaxing. Keep up the good work.

7. varmas11

varmas11 New Member

thanks tejas and all you guys

for the rest of you guys who couldn't listen to the song because it couldn't be downloaded, that problem is fixed now. i just updated the site and now it has it in a downloadable format. and for the other group of ppl that listened but didn't respond, thats no good.. please do.. whether you think it's too long or boring or good or slow or musically dull or anything. any type of feedback is good... i'd really appreciate it

take it easy guys,
    saurabh

www.purevolume.com/saurabhvarma

8. varmas11

varmas11 New Member

anybody recently checked it out ?

comments would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
    saurabh

9. ebgdae

ebgdae New Member

I downloaded the song yesterday night and listened to it.

Overall, I thought it was nice.
    Your sequence was I believe one bar each of g, d, em, and c. I felt that the 4th bar should have been divided between c and g i.e. half c followed by half g..
    After the first small intro, where you sing "take it easy" twice for 8 bars, actually, there are 9 barsi.e. gdemc gdemcc. The drums were not audible that muc, or at least, they did not make an impact. Also, at the end of the cycle (generally at the end of 8 bars or 16 bars) when the drummer does his roll, the acoustic guitar has to change the rhythm slightly to signify that they are coming to the end of the parapraph or whatever. You may wish to work on these. This is just my opinion, of course. The good point is that the leads are good, better than mine,

Overall, good, can improve. Keep up the good work and keep posting them on the net.

10. varmas11

varmas11 New Member

hey man,

thanks a lot for your feedback man.. i really appreciate it. i worked on that chord transition but wasn't really feelin how it would fit in with the so laid back tone of the song. but if you could maybe send me a little file or somethin, that'd be coo. i'm just tryin to express dawg. if i have any singing or musical talent, it's pretty minute. i listened to take it easy the other day and realized how flat I fell at parts of the song. but now i'm wondering if that's a good thing because it gives a raw sense of imperfection. almost kinda pure, not fake at all or somethin? like dylan or lou reed weren't techincally great singers, but they could express. i dunno man. i dunno how much i'm developing in musical terms. all i can do is try i guess yo. but thanks for the feedback. it helps me a lot. i just recorded a new song. it's just first take and rough in a few spots, but it's aight i guess. my friend just got a mixing board so i'm gonna start doing some major recording and editing and multiple tracks. i'll add bass lines and harmonies and some leads soon on some tracks. more will come soon i hope. take care man

peace,
    saurabh