My Microphone is not working on my computer?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by greelsvish, Dec 10, 2011.

1. greelsvish

greelsvish New Member

I am trying to use ventrilo a team chat thing, but my computer is saying I have no microphone. My computer has a built in microphone so I'm thinking the driver for it somehow got uninstalled. Can somebody give me a site where I can go to install a driver? My computer is compaq presario cq60, It runs windows Vista, and here are the specs; Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz Ram 3.00 GB 32 bit operating system.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. rvisa55

rvisa55 New Member

When they tell you to activate your cam, right click. setting, and there should be a microphone option

3. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

i cant provide you with the site but yes go to device manager by right clicking the my computer icon .there you will find your microphone's model no. Written disable it and then enable it and restart your computer...if it doesnt work use acer driver cd...their drivers are universal...most of the computer models accept them...if still problem exist then maybe there is a problem in the wiring of your microphone...go to a technician

4. somu1991

somu1991 New Member

I think your computer can't locate your microphone. Sometime it happens due to not using this device. Otherwise may be your microphone option is off.