My interview with Sean Malone!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by abhijitnath, Jun 26, 2006.

1. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O Damn, you lucky thing. Going to read it now

ps: Sean Malone is god.

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Finally it's here. The anticipation was killing me.

/proceeds to read.

4. shsnawada

Great interview man, i like the way he responds (and your questions aswell). Sort of reminds me of varg vikerness in an odd way.

5. abhijitnath

He was really down to earth and nice in the email exchanges...and wopnderfully erudite in the interveiw itself.
    Junta, please give ideas for some potential non-guitar/bass interviewees for future issues.

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Would it be possible for you to interview Amitav Ghosh?

7. abhijitnath

I'll try:)
    It should be possible I guess..but I'll get the lit editor to do it since she's much more articulate.

8. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

an interview with mekaal hasan might be interesting also .. tho he's a guitarist primarily

9. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Why didnt you make a reference of his work for my favourite band ATHEIST!! ARRGGGHHGHG@!!!

That aside, nice interview!

10. abhijitnath

Because he was basically a sessions player with them, not a part of the band per se.:)

11. shsnawada

An interview with toby driver (kayo dot) would be great. Also, Lars K. Nordberg (bass) from spiral architect

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

How about JAmes Hetfield?

13. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

aarrghhh so what. One question would have been sufficient. :mad:

14. abhijitnath

It's almost impossible to get rock/metal guys who're signed on to big labels if you're a small time mag. They all have huge egos and time issues. Jazz/classical/fusion artists are much more ready to give time and listen to questions about music as opposed to fan boy oriented 'cool' stuff.
    Besides, Hetfield will be in adrunken haze or rehab anyway these days. Plus, post St. Anger, no thanks!

15. abhijitnath

Non guitar and bass players:)..at least for the next couple of months...and slightly better known people also:). Not being reverse snobbish, but I would like at least 5% of the audience to have heard the band!
    As of now, pipeline of people I am thinking of are Trilok Gurtu and Rabbi Shergill.

16. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Great stuff!

17. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

how abt Niladri Kumar (sitarist) .. rabbi shergill wud also be a nice person to interview :)

18. abhijitnath

I've talked to Niladri Kumar once..he was rather rude and arrogant. Made me want to never interview him and throw out my copy of 'Kali's Son':(

19. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Awesome! Yeah Malone really is a nice guy. I wrote to him a year back and he replied to all my questions no matter how stupid they were. Really down to Earth guy.