my immortal(Evanescence) cover by adi and rinky-a must hear

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by guitarist_gal1, Feb 27, 2008.

1. guitarist_gal1

guitarist_gal1 New Member

2. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

im love wid her....;) her voice is freakin awesome well pple do hear it.......

3. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Rinky, very good vocals girl, keep up the good work!

4. guitarist_gal1

hey keoraf thanks a lot but its not just an individual effort..pls comment on the other half as well...ie..the track...cmon....dont keep grudges man.

5. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Im so sorry Rinky, but i dont want to waste my words for such an awkward man, this man just don't know how to control his language, in my opinion he doesn't earn any kind of respect for anything!!!

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Okay. First of all, kudos for managing to collaborate. It's never easy.

Are you clenching your teeth while singing? Somehow the words seem a little suppressed when you go high....try opening your mouth a little more to form the words. It's a minor thing though. You've sung well.

The guitaring.....the tone was kinda unnescessary I thought. I don't own a processor but I think the gain was a little too high. Also, the tone on the original song is a lot warmer. You need to get things like that down. I like your enthusiasm. That's pretty much the first step.

As for the controversy, I'll just say that behen chod might be a standard greeting where you live but most of us do look at it a little more seriously so perhaps the best way forward is avoiding using expletives in general. Also, Keoraf is the only person who gives people feedback regularly so you might wanna not piss him off.

7. guitarist_gal1

thanks bjr..n noone s trying to piss anyone off...honestly...all i was trying to do was make peace...sorry if people got offended...anyway thnks for your comments...tc..

8. guitarist_gal1

and frankly i cant comment on the behen chod thing....i ges he s sorry too...anyway im sorry..

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It really doesn't bother me to be honest.....but considering that you guys are looking for feedback, you just might wanna steer clear. Me? I live for controversy.

Also....was it you who sent me a pm a while ago? what was that all about?

10. absolutely_neo

absolutely_neo New Member

vocals are not as per your mark rinky.. honestly.
    guitar part was slightly different from the original track.. but i liked it.
    overall a nice cover..

11. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

ohk fine i did apologize in a way....although it was all supposed to be humour....

next bjr--yaar cmon i think her vocals rock......she not actualy clenching her teeth i suppose its spposed to be that way i mean listen to the orignal(i havent eva understood amy lee) and well yeah as for the guitaring i couldnt nail the tone....couldnt get the rite tone....so i thought id do it ma way....so this is one signature tone i created which i love thts the whole story...

its gud creating a signature tone....;)

hmmm well according to me it dosent really matter if someone dosent approve of me...cuz jdging by the pple around me who actually care were doin jus fine widout you....\m/(metal-a headbangers journey) lolx

neo thnx fr ur review and i think this time all those who said abt the freakin audio quality need to revaluate themselves as well yeah rinkys done an awesome job once again i suppose....she awesome on the vocal track....

psssstttt:pple please i did the piano and the drums too...wasnt easy to do.......and i think the guitar isnt that bad at alll....so pllz comment.......

thnx to neo,bjr,ahmm keoraf(for ur overwelhming comments)not good at spellings,and yeah rinky fr her outrageous efforts......await out next song....

cheers

12. guitarist_gal1

i guess nothing s good enough

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You know it's actually getting rather annoying the way you're speaking up for each other. I think it's nice in a way but there is a time and a place and a review is not it. I mean....what do you expect people to say in a review? just that it was amazing and you deserve reps? I've already said that I liked it....it isn't my job to balm your ego. I'm just trying to suggest ways to improve it. It really would be easier for me to just go the "amazing work" way but I'm only trying to help. It is because I've heard the original that I said what I did. Have you heard the way Amy Lee enunciates her vowels? If I'm not reviewing you, you leave my review alone. You don't just challenge anything negative that is said about your new internet friend. You have the right to disagree and tell me that you do but sticking up for each other in the soundtrack forum is a lame thing to do.

Did you play the piano yourself? I'm quite impressed by that....I thought it was a backing track.

rinky: hmm...as for nothing being good enough. You're right about that. It isn't. Good enough for what really? Why are you posting here? It's not like you're making money out of this. You're posting so you can get people to review what you're doing and get better than you are right now. If you're posting just to get accolades, you really don't grasp the concept of a forum. See....people around us tend to lie because they don't like the idea of hurting our feelings. This is why it's important to get people you don't know to judge how you're doing. In the end, the final judgment rests with you and if you're happy, fair enough. However, there is a difference between people saying that they didn't like your voice and between saying that they think you could do better.

And sure, appreciate each other. Just not in every post. It gets a little trying.

14. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

Controversies? Bhen Chod?

*rubs hands*

What happened? someone link me.

15. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

ahh nothin jus check ma pieces thread.....and please if possible reply me on this,,,,,,

16. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

chalo wateva happened thnx bjr anyways would keep all that in mind...pple keep ur reviews comin

17. guitarist_gal1

hey listen!! the trouble is i dint know wat you we were expected to do here. i mean we were so excited about the cover coz 1. it was a collaboration and 2. we d wroekd really hard on putting this together. and you know bjr you said ONE line 'you sang well' and then you went on and on about how there were flaws here and there. you thikn i cant see the flaws? of course i can. does tht mean i shud nt post my recording cos i aint as good as amylee? look noone s a proffesional here ok. at least i know im not. cos if i were i wud nt be wasting my time reading people;s feedback.i d be in some band making big bucks! have you even heard some of the atrocious recordings tht people have posted here. you shud man. i know enough music to know mine was nt bad. so when you know someone s really excited about wat they ve done then try to not make sure tht you kill the excitement and replace it with disappointment cos of your depressing criticism. and so much of it!
    i dont need someone to balm my ego aurrite. but i odnt need somone to compare me with may lee and then tell me i suck either. cos tht s just stupid. i know im way better than more than half the people here and tht s really enough for me.
    my point is if you really hate it so much just say so. dont rant on and on about how many faults you saw in how many places.. cos i want you to be sure tht the people who did it see them too but still go ahead n post it cos they know tht they re at least not bad. and if you dont hate it then dont just point out the flaws. try balancing it out with a few good things as well.
    i mean i wud never do tht man! thts just not cool. try telling people wat they did right and not just wat they did wrong.
    this was a mistake man. i thot this place was for people who re not necessarily pros but can sing a little. clearly i was wrong. so im considering getting outta here.
    so you can go ahead and think man they dont have the balls to face criticism n stuff. truth is so much of it makes me sick. esp when i know i dont suck. maybe you shud try appreciating the effort the next time and not take it upon yourself to make sure tht they improve thanks to your criticism. it does nt help. on the contrary it makes em wanna stop posting. take care all.

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Okay. Take a deepish breath. Read once again this last post of yours. Your ego apparently does need a bit of balm.

And I really don't want to scare off someone who is actually nice to listen to so I'll be nice and take your post a little bit at a time:

See...what I feel is that you should post your recordings BECAUSE you're not as good as amy lee. If you were, this forum would've been useless for you. I didn't say more than one line because I honestly did not thing it was mind blowingly great. Suppose I would've really gone "AMAZZZING AWESOME REPS" and 20 days from now you come up with a breathtaking version of the same song and my response would again be "AMAAAZZING AWESOME REPS!", don't you think you'd have been cheated the 2nd time around? I'm a little stingy with praise but that way at least you know what I'm really thinking instead of me faking it. Also, where do you see so much criticism? All I see is the clenching which I regarded a minor thing even in the post....and even so, it was more of a question rather than anything.

yes, I have heard some of the atrocious recordings posted here and I have called them atrocious. I know enough about music to know yours were better. What's your point? Is being better than a forum comprising mainly of amateurs really so fulfilling?
    At this point, I should probably tell you that all your life you are going to get criticized for matters rather trivial and you need to learn to let it bounce of. You are the best judge of what you are and people around you will have opinions. If you can't take criticism on the internet, chances are you might not do much better in real life so maybe that's something you need to look at? Once again, just an opinion which you are free to disregard.

You know, if you don't want to be compared to Amy Lee, the simplest thing you can do is not cover her song. Amy Lee is not compared to anyone else because she sings her own songs. Isn't it obvious when someone listens to your cover that they will compare it to the original? As for being way better than half the people, thats probably true. congratulations. I'm very happy for you. I wish I could say the same but sadly it isn't true for me.

As for what is good, I already told you what was good. You sang well. That was what was good. If criticism makes you want to stop posting, maybe you should stop posting. In all honesty, what I said was barely even criticism. Now this post is though.

19. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tooo much of english fr me to read....lol

chill chiil chiilllll

20. guitarist_gal1

you know wat!! forget it!! there s no point explaining myself here... its not worth it!! think watever man...im exhausted...lol...