My Guitar Sucks Need Help!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by jimmy_cool, Jan 2, 2006.

1. jimmy_cool

jimmy_cool The Coolest One!!

i've got a givson blue diamond electric guitar....the problem is that when i connect it to amplifier it gives noise....i suppose its due to the pick ups or whatever but my question is is it curable????reply fast

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

d00d

do one thing.

Record the "noize" thing that u are talking about.
    Otherwise we have no idea, it can be anything.

Heck! It can be lightning too.

3. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

same problem here..the guyz told me to change my pickups since my guitar is very old...

4. Mc Natzavor

Mc Natzavor New Member

Soln!

Hey dude, I've got a Givson blue diamond too...apparently I'm not having these problems. The basic thing to check is ur amp first...because most of the amps work on tradirional overdriving fordistortion which gives a static producing noise.
    Check ur cable too, because thta matters a lot in preventing the static.

The best thing to do is to connect ur guitra to a comp and use multieffects processing softwares like fxbox or guitarfx and then give the output to your amp.

The softwares a little complicated though in the beginning give u very fine tuned and noise free effects.

Try what u can...and if u still hav doubts ask me!

gudby

Mc Natzavor

5. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

feedback??????????????????????

6. shak

shak Harrr!

reverse the polarity of the cable/guitar jack/amp input ..

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

The noise could be due to a noisy amp or a noisy distortion pedal. Or it could be just a feedback which is not really bad for high gain setups. If it's kind of microphonic feedback where you hear a loud squeal, then you dont have an option than to change your pickup or reduce the amount of gain. Reducing the amount of gain, keeping the volume on the guitar and the amp to less than full also helps. You could also turn down your treble to cut what;s called White Noise. If it's a hum, then the problem could be due to your power supply. So proper grounding must be required in this case. Or MXR has this HumX which cuts down all the ground loops and also cuts down your treble. If it's too much of white noise or hum but still want to keep your tone intact, then you could give a shot at Noise Gates.
    I think you should describe the problem more clearly, so that people understand it. That way, they can give you better suggestions than just guessing.

8. jimmy_cool

well actually i went to buy zoom 707II to a shop .....when i joined the cable to my guitar it started giving "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" sort of sound.....soo i thought its due to the pedal but when i connected my guitar directly it gave the same sound....so now i thought it was due to cable so i changed the cable but still it gave noise so i took a guitar frm the shop and tried it and folks it didnt noise ....so i think its due to my guitar....one think more my pick-ups are too close to the strings ...is this creating prob or is it earthing prob and can it b cured???

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

The mmmmm sound comes due to elctro-magentic disturbance.
    That means u are standing (rather the pickups are) close to source of electric field or magnetic field. (actually both cause each other - but then that is physics - a different story)

Like if u stand close to monitor, the noize will increase. AC lines (yeah the power supply lines) also cause the hum.

Speakers have magnets in them . close proximity to them will again casue the same sound.

And closeness of pikcups to strings do not matter at all.

I still belive if u were to record the noize and post it, the problem can be pinpointed instantly.

10. ronnieanand

Looks like grounding problem. Call an Electrician and fix the Grounding Problem or get yourself a HumX Hum canceller made by MXR.

11. jimmy_cool

how much does an "HumX" costs

12. ronnieanand

Must be about $50. Rather fix your Electrical Grounding with an electrician. It might cost more but has great benefits in terms of safety. You dont want to get Electrocuted right ?

13. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Ya i ve got shock few times ... and bad power means bad sound ......