my guitar sounds like shit i need adivce quick!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by hasham, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hasham

hasham New Member

i have a essex acoustic guitar which sounds like shit most guitar make those nice bright sounds but mine makes this yukky blund type of noise it really irritates me cuz im new at th eguitar and whenever i try to play sumthing it sounds awaful and really discourages me. So can sum one tell me what is the problem with it is it the strings so can some one plzz tell me :nw: and another thing how do i play this -1-----4--4-----7------6------5--3--1------------------------
    -1-----4--4-----7------6------5--3--1-----------------------
    -1-----4--4-----7------6------5--3--1------------------------
    i dont have 6 fingers os how do i place my finger s .

2. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Sounds like your guitar is out of tune, you would have to tune it. As you are quite new to guitars i doubt you could do it manually. Maybe you could use a tunning software...below are the details

http://www.indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?threadid=723

As for how to play tabs..check this thread.....

http://www.indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?threadid=153

3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Bridge Setting

All you need to do is set the tone of the guitar right. Even before you tune your guitar, YOu have to set the bridge right. To do this increase the height on the bridge to full on bother ends. Tune to a lower pitch(Or make the strings Tight not too much though). Start playing the top(thickest string) and decrease the height to a point where you dont get a buzz also bearing in mind the gap between the strings and the fret board should be low. Repeat the same procedure for the bottom most string (thinnest) . Then the next step is tuning which the MOD(God) has explained. And play what you want.

4. RBJ

RBJ New Member

As you said how would you play this ....its not the number of fingers...its a number of frets on each particular string.

so if its like this..

E-----1---2---3---4---5--------
    B------5-----6-----7------9--------
    G------------------------------------
    D----------------------------------
    A--------------------------------------
    E------------------------------------

this means that on the first string(Thinest string) play 1st fret and then on second string play 5th fret and then again on first string play 2nd fret and so on...

I hope I answered your question.

:cheers:

5. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

oyee "sounds like shit" ????? this is the first time i heard this kinda usage.............if shit wants to speak how will it sound purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ;)........rrrrrrrrrrrr........RRRRRRRR..............phus.....now can a guitar sound like this........HAHAHA

6. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

:shock: :shock:

*silently dies*

7. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Classic. Wait.. no it wasn't

So it sounds like shit. Do you have a tuner? Download the Audio Phonics guitar tuner and tune it accordingly. Use google to find it.

If its in tune and it still sounds like shit, then change your strings. Is it a buzzing sound or does it make your ears bleed?

Second question: I'm guessing you're talking about barre chords. If you just started playing its gonna be a little tough for you to play all the strings cleanly. You don't require six fingers, use only one finger to play it. I think there's a tutorial on barre chords over here.

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey,
    You guys are answering to a question that was asked in Jan 2004 :shock: .
    Makes me wonder if you are all Software Engineers or Software Engineer Aspirants. No one else get more jobless.

9. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

That's just 1 guy, vishal.

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Nope. It was Madhuresh, then Vishal, You, Me, You, Me again....

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

abbe chu...stop cracking sad jokes....and stop bumping age old threads....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.