my freeting hand does not move on the neck of the guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by aloneas_moon, Sep 25, 2004.

1. aloneas_moon

aloneas_moon Banned

Hello all,
    Im having prob in playing guitar,,,,,, Actually my freeting hand does not move on the neck.
    e.g when i play this

E: ---2-3-5-7-5-3-2-0--

so while playing this it is very difficult for me to move my finger from 5fret to 7th fret. there is always a break and which cut out the sequence of music and further this is even imposible for me to play.

E: ---2-9-6-11----

will any one tell me how to play this tab without any break ( i mean in a sequece)please do not say that i need more practice. i just want to know the right method of playing guitar. please tell me what is the trick? please tell me soon. i m really worried and i want to overcome this.

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

you need to practise , as you keep on practising , movement of your fingers on ur fret board wud be more fast , helpin you to slide and pick with the flow ,...

now for your query , try this , dun try to play very fast initially

for this tab E: ---2-3-5-7-5-3-2-0--

start playing 2-3-5 with ur 1st , 2nd and 3rd finger and then slide ur 3rd finger to 7 then use 2nd ( middle ) finger to play 5 followed by 2nd finger playing 3 slide to 2 and play open ,... simliarly play the other tab also ,...

always know , initially you are bound to hear cranky notes which will pull you back , so juss keep on practising and you wud be better , try to get some more simple and easy tabs from the tabs forum and practise it , will encourage you more ,...

so keep rocking dude ,... :rockon:

3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Two suggestions..
    1. Lower the action of the strings.. This way even if you are inaccurate, you can play the notes just by a feather touch..

2. Practice playing on the fly.. As in play stuff like 1 3 5 7 9 7 5 3 1 one the first string.. Slowly and the increase your pace.. This way you will get the feel of the fretboard and you'll know where the frets are.. Try this with other such combinations and strings too..