My First Stompbox

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, May 15, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    A few days back I was about to buy a ABY Switch from Robert Keeley and then I felt I could make my own as I had prior experience in making similar switches. I told Keeley about my idea and he was impressed. So I decided to do my own.

So I made my own circuit and made a 100% true hard-wired bypass ABY Switch. It's working fine and there is no noise at all. The difficulty is now fitting them inside a stomp-box. Hopefully it will be done in a few days and I will post the picture.
    Now this switch will be really useful in a lot of things.

1. I have a pedal board and also a processor. Now with the AB switch, I can switch between these two without having to use the processor's lousy bypass.

2. I can connect my rig to two different speakers and change them as and when I want them.

3. Two different guitars connected to different pedals can be connected to the same amp. When I have to change the setup, I can just stomp and change my connection.

4. Lets say, I am playing clean with chorus one and now it I have to immediately go on a distortion solo, which requires me to switch on the distortion pedal and clean boost pedal plus switching off the chorus pedal. This requires three switching in a short time. With the ABY switch, I can do it one shot with just one button press. So all you guys who complain about Tap Dancing with stompbox pedals, ABY will be a cool alternative.

Next project is my clean boost or a treble booster. Will post details later.

2. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

wAh wAh !!!

3. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

:nw: :nw: :nw:

4. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

dude.... awesome work....

5. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

nice work...reminds me of 1990 (gosh that was ages ago)...made a small distortion unit that could stick to my guiatr by velcro...noisy as hell but really evil sounding....

6. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Nice.

Im gonna start this summer, after my exams, and im gonna start with a fuzz :D

7. ronnieanand

Hey H4, are you in Bangalore.

8. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

No man, im from Spain!

9. ronnieanand

Ok cool. Let me know about your experiences. I have just ordered Electro Harmonix 3PDT switches for True Bypass with LED switching. It's pretty expensive but at least I can have the pedal built with very high quality components. When you are making your fuzz, please share your experiences. I am also thinking of make a distortion and fuzz combination something like the MXR Distortion. But that's not in the immediate present.