My First Recording

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ronnieanand, Nov 17, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

This is my first recording. I was only about 3 months into playing guitar. Had this tune in my head. I dont know whether it was some song I heard or whatever. I just knew this C Major Scale. Memorized the scale in one position, played this thing a few times and recorded three versions. One played Clean, another with Overdrive and then one with Distortion. I am posting the Clean andOverdrive ones 'cos the recording quality of the distortion is super sick.

I like this one a lot maybe bcos I am kinda senti that it's the first thing I played on guitar. I am not expecting any kind of feedback on this stuff. I have come pretty much a long way after this was recorded. The idea is just to share my first recording thingy :beer: .

I guess the chords are C Major and A Minor and maybe a G Major. I didn't know anything else. :annoyed: . I played throug my Korg AX100G and I dont know what patch it was. I didn't know how to set patches, so some friend had set a distortion, overdrive and clean patch for me. :rock: . Rhythm is the sampled Rhythm from AX100G.

If it sucks or it's too bad, keep your bad thoughts and comments to yourself. I donna wanna hear anything bad about this thing. After all it's played by someone just 3 months on guitar. Have mercy :nw: :nw:

Features the same trademark screwed up recording quality. Towards the end, you can even hear a van blowing it's horn which was going outside my house :annoyed: .

Download First Jam - Clean and First Jam - Overdrive
    from www.soundclick.com/anand

The one stop shop for all my recordings :beer: :beer:

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:RollLol:

this sounds better :shock: than others :p:

:aggre:
    :boxed:

LMAO at the lorry honking ....

3. ronnieanand

Maybe this is the only thing I recorded after having decided on what to do. Usually I just record some riff and play some stuff. The idea is about getting accustomed to the scale or some exercise licks and occasionally I record it.

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

LMAO...i thot smone is experimenting with a mouth organ....then i heard again and it was lorry honking...hehe

nice soft stuff....quality is better than ur previous recordings :p:

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Yup just listened to both of em...
    and here is my honest opinion (scary aint it :p:)
    1. I liked the clean lead tone better than the distorted one...perhaps u cudve lowered the volume or something, the distortion tone sounded a little harsh to my ears, but thats just me
    2. In the distorted version is there some flanger on the background track(or is it ur recording stuff :p: )
    3. What i really liked was the note choice and generall feel on the distorted track , i though that at the end u had kinda lost it on the clean track, but again thats just me.

I wud say that a clean tone with the distorted notes wud be great :D

6. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i couldnt hold a single chord when i was starting out.

i had a shitty tronad acoustic guitar for like 2 years..then i got a givson rosewood acoustic..
    then a givson electric.hehehe.

u are that way lucky..

i thought for 3 months that was pretty good..u atleast are playing a melody..most ppl cant even fret notes properly when they are starting out.

for a sec i thought the honkin was actually in key..lol.

7. ronnieanand

Thanks Dennis. Those patches were created by some friend. When I recorded I had no idea about that AX100G. I knew to switch between Clean and Distortion and that's it.

8. ronnieanand

I can recruit that Lorry wala for special effects and that too in key ;)

Thanks Dharam for listening to it.

9. jekyll

jekyll Banned

LMAO

:RollLol:

10. shak

shak Harrr!

my frist instinct was .. hey this O my love!! .. my darling!! i hunger for your love ..wala song .. but nope ..
    anyway .. towards the end .. there is a nasty sound of a horn!! is it? or is it harmonica? ..
    take that bit out ..
    another thing i noticed was that you were using a very heavy plectrum ... no .. it wont do .. try lighter pickups for clean solos ... it givesyou better transition ..
    umm .. listen to my song toingboing to see what i mean .. i used a 0.5 guage jim dunlop nylon for that .. and it made all the difference .. the tone i got was smooth and creamy ..
    www.soundclick.com/shahrukhomar

11. ronnieanand

That honky thingy is the horn of a Lorry that passed outside my house. Cannot help that. Yep. I use a Jim Dunlop 1.5mm when I play Electric and some .86 for Acoustic. I usually prefer heavy picks and heavy guage strings. It gives a lot of attack. Anyway will try that thin pick ups for clean playing.

12. Aflatoon

Aflatoon New Member