My first performance tonight as a band

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by abhay_saxena, Sep 5, 2004.

1. skaw

skaw snooze

congrats abhay... nice to c u managed arrite even up on the stage :p ... keep rocking bro ... and gud luck for rest of ur performances

2. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

@ abhay, congrats man... my first performance was much worse than urs. aaah... broken strings! what a pity.. ;) now you have learnt a lesson... never forget it. Always keep an extra guitar or two somewhere around you while performing... I learnt this lesson the hard way too... during a DPS school competition I broke my string while playing... and that too the 4th string... We somehow managed to finish the nightwish song without me playing the solo... luckily, my friend from another school noticed this and came backstage to lend me his bandmate's guitar... From then on, I always make sure there's at least one extra guitar around... its too bothersome to change strings while on stage.

@ dr saurabh... i guess i would have done better to play something like what you did... it felt very weird playing those songs in front of the teachers... even we had thought of playing pink floyd's ABITW... ;) pity, we had to pass our setlist through the HoD of music first.

3. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

hey abhay , nice to know you did well ,... keep it up n listen , u will grow with every step ,....

this was juss a stepping stone n you have a long way to go dude , keep it up , i am really happy for you ,...

hope you ate well before you went to the stage , what did you eat ,... pls tell us ,... lol ...

:beer: :beer: :beer:

@ tejas , u rock n nats must have said gurl thing , out of exitement i am sure , she often does that :p

@ nats , nice to c ur msg , u rock ,..

4. bob-bobby

essi / doc - teachers days rocks , thats the only day you can fulfil ur nightmares ,...

5. tejas

tejas ..........

Hey! Congrats Abhay. Looks like you did a good job. Well done. Keep on rocking!

@bob - yeah maybe you are right.

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

nightmares..thats the word for it..the PA sys screwed up big time....only the guitars playing..tho we got rave reviews for that ;)

7. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

yeah bob. .. i ate egg rolls and had a dinner of palak paneer and tandoori parantha. . .cannot give up on food though i was having goosebumps. ..
    and yeah essi thanks for the advice .. even i learnt the lesson you need to have an extra guitar on hand. .. luckily my friend broke the 2nd string and he was on rhythm on powers , so we could complete the song. .. not many probs .. .lessons are always learnt. . .
    this was just a warp up exercise in our college itself an informal performance. . .20 days later we perform formally in a college competition here .. good that we faced the crowd. ... was a good experience. .. . .will let ya know how that goes. .. and will be posting some pics soon ....

8. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

congrats abhay, i guess it was a good enough first ever performance... i recently performed in my college too.. but i didnt play, just sang.

9. abhay_saxena

i sung and played for whom the bell tolls and fade to black. .. and the other two were sung by my other bandmate. .. . we are a new band. . .some one could suggest some good names. .??? we are still thinkin about it. .. .

10. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

hey congrats on getting through your first public performance.....as for the band name......how abt "Back to Nirvana"......it sounds cool to me...what do you think?

11. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Broken Strings is what we named ourselves for the next two performances... now the band no longer exists... you can carry on with the heritage.

You name will have to match the image you want to portray of yourself...

12. abhay_saxena

yeah of course. .. thats what we thought. . .we oughtta identify with the name. .. broken strings seems good. . .will consult my bandmates.. . and with back to nirvana. . i think we are not much into nirvana as such so .. i don't think we would be able to identify with it. .

13. bob-bobby

count the number of guys in ur band , and post fix " strings " to it ,...

eg : if you are 6 , prob u can name it 6 strings n so on ,...

14. skaw

skaw snooze

hey i have an idea.. u ll prolly wondered wht skaw ment .. well c its the first letter in my name first in my broz first in my first cuzin and the first in my other first cuzin (They'r brothers )
    thts how the skaw was born .. hehe ... y dont u try samethin .. mite come up with a gud name .. (jus an idea abhay)

15. abhay_saxena

well all our bandmates names start with 'a' s and one with d i can't think of anything with that ???

16. bob-bobby

how abt d ace (a's) ----- ( no. 1 ) ,....

17. skaw

skaw snooze

hey dace sounds gud .. but if abhay wants to stick to reality then ... there are sooooo many thing .. u want angry onez .. think devil ... :p or me n sonali :p .. hehe ... n if u want soft namez think love like things ... i dunno wht to suggest u yaar i dun noe u gud enuf :eek: .. n plus i dunno ur band membrz either ..
    well .. come up with names n we ll tell u how kool they r .. n in the meantime i will also think of sum namez :)

18. bob-bobby

hey abhay , i got a nice one ,...

if your band ppl have same eating habits like you , how abt the " HOGGERS " , heheh e juss kiddin ,...

19. abhay_saxena

well its only me whos got that habit bob. ..but good one. . !

20. skaw

skaw snooze

u want bloody names like ...

BIg Teeth Red Blood :)

jus tryna help