My First Experience in a Studio

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ronnieanand, Aug 23, 2006.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I came across a guy who owns a decent studio. So recorded some crap just for a trial. The tune is something I already had and have also posted, but this time played in a pretty crappy way. Lack of practise shows up big time.

Gear Used:

1. Parker P42 with Stock Pickups and Bridge Position.
    2. Guitar Rig Plug In. All patches were done in software. Rhythm patch was a Marshall Plexi and the Lead Patch is a Marshall JCM800 driven by a Tubescreamer. Well I dont have these but the Guitar Rig has it all.
    3. Drums played by that studio guy through keyboards.

Please comment on Tones and Recording Quality.. Rhythm tone could have got better....

Here it is .... https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=336045

or go to https://www.soundclick.com/anand

and go to the music link. The title is towards. I didn't name it, so dont ask me why that name....

2. Mohsin shahid

Mohsin shahid New Member

not that bad !! But the sound quality doesnt seem to me of professional studio.The riffs are awesome ...very well played man...at some places it sounded a bit messy maybe because of too much distortion..

overall its all good
    good going!!!

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Sound quality was definitely better thn your previous stuff. But to be honest it did'nt seem studio quality. Actually the guitars were ok but the drums were sub standard (recording wise). I just got a new soundcard so been using guitar rig too, Its really awesome man. Amazing tones at your fingertips. I can now record at really high quality plus i got the Creative Prodikeys keyboard so its even better now.

4. ronnieanand

Hey, thanks...Actually there was no tweaking done to the recording. It's just raw recorded sound. Main intention was to setup some patches for me. I will give that guy the feedback on Drum Sound quality...This dude has released some three albums which are out in the stores and all of them recorded in his studio. Those sounded pro quality..I am sure that something can be done to get these things much better too...

@Sridhar...Which Soundcard did you buy. From where and how much it cost you...I am planning to get one too....

Devilshly_Pur$ likes this.
  5. sam_sealion

sam_sealion MeLoDiC ShReDDeR. . .

hey the lead tone was sweet man!!
    for raw and unmastered sound i think the quality was pretty good, although considering studio equipment i think it could have been better...also i had no probs wit the drums...
    hey i liked your playing man... good phrasing and technique as well...
    sam..

6. nice one ronnie...

7. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

The soundcard i bought is called Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4. It cost me around 6k from a place called Computer shop on brigade road.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Darn, I could've sworn that I could imagine you playing that :grin: rock'n'roll improvisation.
    Ha, to me that sounded very much Angus Youngish!

9. ronnieanand

You mean that sounds so typical me :beer: :beer:

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:nw::nw:
    and +1 on the style..very AC/DCish

11. ronnieanand

I just heard my recording from Soundclick. It sounds nowhere near to how it actually sounds in my PC or in his studio. Soundclick has somehow reduced the quality of the recording. I was beginning to wonder why so many bad responses to the recording quality.

12. sam_sealion

sam_sealion MeLoDiC ShReDDeR. . .

yeah ronnie.. whenever you upload a song on soundclick, it automatically gets encoded to a lower bit-rate (128kbit) in order to facilitate faster streaming.. this encoding reduces the quality of the song a lot.. and if u play the song lo-fi, the quality is even worse!!
    sam.