My first electric guitar! Plz plz plz reply :)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Anand_1985, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Anand_1985

Anand_1985 New Member

Hi folks, just got my first electric guitar - the Ibanez rg 370 dxz.... Hows it for a first guitar? Set me back 33k.... Any suggestion which amp would work best with this guitar?got no replies for previous post on advice to buy first guitar.... your inputs matter a lot guys! ...plz plz plz reply to this :( Thanks in advance.... :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

There is no concept of X amp working best with Y guitar.
    If you have such notions in your brain, then discard it immediately.

The guitar determines the play-ability and the pickups influence the tone.
    The amp creates the tone.

3. Anand_1985

Anand_1985 New Member

Thanks alpha 1, very nice of you to reply.... Please suggest me a good amp within 15k.... Something that's versatile... Please help... Thanks in advance!

4. Anand_1985

Anand_1985 New Member

Alpha hows the guitar Ibanez rg 370 dxz that I bought..... Worth the money? 33k..In terms of versatility... Sorry for picking your brains guys.... Im a beginner and have invested what for me is a lot of dough.... Played acoustic guitar for a year learning from YouTube videos.... Haven't grasped one bit of musical knowledge.. Just know to ape them :(

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ibanez RG series are superb guitars.
    So now you won't have any lame excuses for not playing well (I know many people who blame their gear for poor skills :p )
    For amp within 15K, Buy Guitar Amplifiers tagged "10000-15000" at lowest prices, free shipping, warranty in India from BAJAAO.COM
    Most of the guitar amps there are great for the price.

You just need to keep a few things in mind, unless you plan to play on a gig/auditorium/stadium wattage is NOT important. (= which means low wattage is also good)

I would place digital amps greater in precedence over the analog once. The reason is that you will get different tone and effect options in digital amp - Vs - only 1 or 2 tones and reverb effect in case of analog amp.

If the amp comes with footswitch, that gives you added advantage of making it usable during the gigs. You will not require millions of pedals and processors.

The Line6 spider one is the cheapest and has decent tones and effects.
    Peavy Vyper is slightly expensive, but has (supposedly) better tones for heavy metal and hard rock.
    Laney is also good.

Honestly, you need to check out youtube user reviews in order to understand the features and shortcomings.

6. Anand_1985

Anand_1985 New Member

Thanks a lot alpha 1 for your kind and quick response.... So digital amp it is... Should I give blackstar and roland amps a miss?

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

No you shouldn't.
    I just wrote what came to my mind about Laney, Peavy, Line6.
    You must add Roland and Fender also.

I am not sure if Blackstar and Marshall are digital modeling amps, that will allow you different tone and modulation effects.
    I don't have anything against the analog amps, but the point is that they usually offer at most 3 channels - clean, drive (overdrive), lead (distortion). And at max one effect called reverb. Therefore you will usually require a chain of pedals or processor in addition.

There is nothing wrong with this, but since we are in India, we are not rich (as compared to the rest of the world), and neither are we professionals making money out of our investments in equipment on this forum. So it makes sense to reduce the spending.

8. shiv.emf

shiv.emf New Member

Very good suggestion Alpha !.. Anand, post some pics of your guitar ..

9. Anand_1985

Anand_1985 New Member

Thanks a ton Alpha and Shiv.... Shiv how to post pics here? Idk really :(

10. shiv.emf

shiv.emf New Member

just beside "post quick reply" there is Go advanced. click on that and click on attachment and upload pic.. thanks