MY First COver in IGT

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by satch_attack, Mar 24, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Little wing?
    *drools*

2. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hahahah...dont worry man..it wont sound as good as the original nal...but i think its kinda close to ...sure jimi has hit a few notes here and dere ..but i know and everybody knows ..i cant neve be a hendrix ...thts his style of playin..and i aint even half as fluent as jimi also..so i cant hit those notes ..but i have tried my level best ..

i have also recorded a very weird version of aadat which i wil post ...ppl may not like me afta postin my version of addat becuz i may have ruined the song ..but im just tryin sometin different ..and ohh..forgot to mention..by aadat has no acoustic guitar ....metal al de way man...

3. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

and ohh..regardin permission from scorpions ..i just changed the name to prevent them from suspectin !!..
    and also

ahhh.....but i did as my frnds pet scorpion drago for permission ..from his expressions ..i think he said yes

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Little Wing :nw: :nw: :nw:

*Drools*
    *Faints*

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ah
    I though SRV's rendition of Little Wing. Now that is something.

Not much appreciation for original Little Wing by Jimi.

BTW Little Wing has been Covered by The Corrs also.

6. ronnieanand

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

i have heard many versions of little wing ..SO many bands have coverd this song ..it wud take a while to list them out...even kirk hammett..he himself has covered this song but in usual kirk style...he plays those Em runs now n den.but it still sounded good !!...but I like the hendrix versions ,the vintage and orginal one the best ...may not have as much guitarin as SRV's ..but still..it does sound brilliant !!!!....
    and considerin the difficutly of hendrix's version itself,no way im pickin up the SRV version

8. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I checked out the recording. Its cool but really weak. You better work on your skills a bit.

The best cover of Little Wing i heard was Frank Zappa's one. It sounded exacly like Hendrix's version but Zappa was singing and probably even playing the guitar.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Steve Vai also does that. :p

I stick to my guns Ron: SRV's version of Little Wing sounds best to me

10. ronnieanand

One Big Reason for SRVs version to stand out is his Dreamy and Mesmerising Tone. With such a beautiful tone, even her were tuning the guitar, it'd sound great.

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

As soon as the intro notes are played I alsmost feel like orgasming.
    And when the boosted leads kick in, feel like orgasm on top of orgasm.

SRV - god of creamy, shiny, rich tone.

Single coils rule for bluesy tone. + Tubescreamer + Marshall Plexi (didnt he use that?)

12. ronnieanand

SRV used Fender Blackface amps and Fender Twin Reverb.

13. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I think he used Marshall Half stacks for some live shows (JTM maybe or plexi). I think he even used Peaveys for live shows or maybe it was Tommy for his Bass.

He used to use Fender Vibroverbs and Bassman amps too in the studio. His tone from #1 is mainly due to the fact that his pickups got wound twice giving the SRV tone that we all know and love.