MY First COver in IGT

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by satch_attack, Mar 24, 2006.

1. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hey guys,,

got very bored today ...SO thoguht i will post my first recordin in IGT/sound click ...so picked up the guitar and recorded this ..its a cover of the intro to rock you like a hurricane- scorpions ..actually i gigged this song a few weeks back so I stil remember it well..
    this was recorded with my V along wit my 505 II plugged into the line-in port of my comp and the software used to record was audiocity

please feel free to comment on my recordin ...suggestions and gestures are always welcome

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/demonicsouls(AI)

listen to the song and enjoy (or atleast try to !!)

fat_kax likes this.
  2. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

Good work dude...
    keep it up

3. enable_vipin

enable_vipin Rhythm_Guitarist

good work...keep it up..though recording is very distorted but i can feel the rythm...i like it..reps for you man...

4. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

hey =- who put that beginer underr ur name dude...awesome!!! stunned!!! stonned!!! drunk!!! barf!!! sorry!!! catch u later!!! reps!!!

5. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

thanks faiqrock,enable_vipin...
    good to hear that it was nice ..thanks guys for havin the patience to listen to it and reply ...goes to fat_kax also
    @fat_kax
    nah ..i like it that way ...the beginner ..thanks man ..never got so much appreciation for playin the guitar .

6. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

come on guys..an still waitin for more suggestions ...listen to it patiently and give me some advice

7. kaps4ever

kaps4ever New Member

good work..since u havnt completed the whole rythm.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Satch, that was nice.
    But somehow I could feel that you have started playing pretty recently.

I mean you attempted a song which requires VERY STRONG scale runs n licks.
    That means it requires lotsa practice, without even a single fumbling. (It takes time man, dont worry) 0:30 to 0:40

Tone was good.
    Bends were weak esp @ 0:20 to 0:30.
    Mixing of tracks was great.
    Riffing and PM was good.

Use of delay to harmonize (in the end) was great idea.

9. fat_kax

hey - which pedal u got dude - know any nice pedal within the range of 2500 bucks - quick!

10. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

thanks alpha..regardin the bends ....ya man..i dint bend enof at all mainly cuz i just had a set or ernie ball slinky's put on my guitar ..SO was dam scared to bend well..man..maybe next song i il try better ..hey ..regardin the time i have bein playin ...how long do u think i have bein playin afta listenin to the song ??????????????????
    and yes..i il work more on that pentanoic run which is dere in the song ..actually in the gig ..i pulled it together ..but tht was a long time back ..

@fat_kax .. i have a zoom 505II pedal man..its great for the price ..and ..ya ..its about 2500 bux ...overall its a great beginners pedal ..and the distortion i s pretty decent too ..

11. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I dont think it was recorded on 25th as you claim :beer: . Remember you gave me this recording long back nearly 2 months back ;) ;) .

Anyway, Rhythm work is decent and the tone for Rhythm has a good amount of Growl too. Lead playing is fairly weak compared to Rhythm playing. Firstly the bends are not done properly and it gets the solo to go out of key in a few places. In case you have issues with bends, do slides. That's a dirty short cut for bends but slides cant replace bends. But remember it's better not to bend a note than to bend and go out of key. B'cos that shows off. At 0:30, the sustained note gets too thin. You have to put a strong vibrato to smoothen out and get that finger sustain which will make it sound much warmer.

12. kya hai bhai..ye...solid one...good work man....reps nahin de sakta kyunki aukat nahin hai abhi dene ki..agar hoti do paanch paanch de deta...just love to listen this peace again and again...keep it up...

13. if u can record this peace with clear recording...awesoem...

14. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

@Devilshly_Pur$..thanks man for those good replies ..

@ron...ya man.i il work on my bends...i think tht bend on 0:30 completely ruined my solo...maybe next time i il use the whammy to raise the pitch ..now to get me self a floyd rose for all these kinda solos...wil be a big boon ...

and how did u get it 2 months back man??? i just recorded it .....u stole copywright material ..expect a fine of 250,000 rupees soon !!!

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

1. I dont see how having a floyd rose bridge will help you with that.
    2. He got the material coz you sent it to him.

Now if YOU didnt send the material earllier to him, that means you have copied him.
    So who is on the wrong side of the law?
    ;)

Err ..... besides, before playing "Rock you like Hurricane" (It sounded darn well like that), did you take permission fomr "The Scorpions"?
    ;)

:RollLol:

16. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

To do the bends properly, only practise can save you. No kind of whammy to raise the pitch would help you. So forget whammy and get your bends right.

17. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Very very weak bends. More practice...

18. coolhemant

coolhemant New Member

deadly

man twas damn cool awesum excellent am rellyu short of adjectives rght now
    how did u conn. ur guitar 2 the comp. was it an electric guitar
    again gr8 wrk

19. fat_kax

^^^ so its no secret ur really new....
    im too lazy to describe the whole thing.,..but i'll explain it when i get back to varanasi on the 9th o' april////
    watever...

20. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

@ron and death metal..
    ya guys .. i il work on my bends ..k . il tel u guys the truth..wat do i have to hidew ..that was atleast a year old ...i gave it to ronnie itself some 2 months back...and i have bein practicin loads afta tht ..i have cover little wing .i il post it soon..just not gettin time to record it ..so soon wil.

@coolhemant..thanks man for al those comments ..appreciate it a lot ..
    i connected my electric to 505II pedal and from dere into line in of my sounds card ....and i used audiocity for the delay effect and recordin the whole thing..sound quality is bad ..but it gets the job done ..

anyway. i il post little wing or addat soon ....hope u guys like it more than this 1 ...