My first broken string!:S:D

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by shezi123, Jul 4, 2007.

1. shezi123

shezi123 New Member

blah...i broke meh 'high E' string while tuning it yesterday:p...can sum1 tell me a place i cud get it fixed (in dubai)..n yyea...thx

2. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

ull need to replace the neck for that...high 'E' requires neck replacement.

CrYpTiC_angel and alpha1 like this.
  3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

LOLz0rs.

Read up about string replacement. You might as well replace all the strings if they're pretty old. Don't leave it lying stringless too long.

4. DagMX

DagMX New Member

hehe...but thats being mean

anyway back to topic, what guitar you got? If it has a locking trem it might be a little different to change the strings, but otherwise you just buy a new pack of strings and replace the strings. Or get the shop where u buy the strings from to do it for you and teach you

5. loyal

loyal New Member

6. shezi123

shezi123 New Member

blah .wahh...aight i haf a yamaha F310 iz naw thaaat old..gawt it summer o' 05...erm..hmm nice site loyal..buh i still dunt think ill be able 2 change em meh self...now..duz ne1 knw a nice guitar shop in dubaI??

7. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

How about you invite me to an all expense paid trip to Dubai and I search for the shop there???;)

Now back to topic..just googled this..don't know if it is useful..

https://uaemusic.tripod.com/ushops.htm

:dance:

8. DagMX

DagMX New Member

google guitar shops in dubai...any music store would change them for you or ask any guitarist to do it for you

9. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

err...as someone said...google guitar shops in dubai and please join a english speaking/typing/writing course while you're at it.

10. umangu

umangu New Member

:gather:

Come on man, change the string yourself. I first changed strings on an electric when I was 12. It's the best way to get to know how your guitar works, and there's not much you can screw up.

Watch the Justin Guitar video somebody recommended above.

11. loyal

loyal New Member

Confidence is all that u need, you need to learn how to string your guitar yourself. Atleast ask the guitar store fella to show you how to do that.

12. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

dont be a wuss, it takes jst common sense to restring an acoustic guitar IMO, so watch that vid n try it urself!