my fade to black solo

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by solo, Dec 25, 2005.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

vibrato is when u vibrate a note by moving ur left hand through wrist motions
    legato is playing stuff without pickign with the right hand.

yaar..u need to work on ur basic stuff...id first suggest bending. Bends are very very important and a single off bend is enuf to throw the whole solo into the dustbin. So practice bending.

then start off with simpler stuff..this one is really for someone with more than a years experience unleast under his belt( prodigies excluded).

Remember..its not how fast u play that matters...its how well u play;)

Best of luck

2. solo

solo Banned

ah ya many i guess i know what ur referring to....is it when then shake thier wrist on a single note....but how is it diff i mean if u just keep on finger on the note and not shake it?...ah and thnx a lot for ur suggestions:D

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

good to know that i was of help to u.
    its a different technique...it adds a different sorta sound ...y dont u try it out...play a note without vibrato and then with vibrato...there will be tremendous difference. Not to say that u shud always play with vibrato, use it wisely ;)

4. rocksta

rocksta Live Fast Die Young

nass

lol....kool man...but naswar aint smoked ,only chewed huh.

5. simran

simran New Member

you did a nice one solo :) i liked it ..

6. solo

solo Banned

thnx a lot:D:D:D:D::D:D:

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

my attitude also sux :(

my attitude also sux :(
    coz i didnt find the yousendit link, and posted that "naswar" crap

anyway I have dloaded and heard it.

1. d00d, try playing at even slower pace, the timing was going off sometimes (that happens when the fingers are not used the speed, but you are trying to force them)
    when u master at slower pace, increase the tempo. A mentronome may help you keeping the beat (or u could do the same in your head too)

2. the tone - aah haad too much of mids, cut it down. It doenst sound like metal at all, sounded more like Richie Samborra or Gary Moore. Make it more trebly. :)

3. as others said, try using legato - hammers, pull-off, trills as much as possible. Why should u bother your picking hand so much? Unless u wanna do the speed picking like Michaelangleo Batio or Van Halen etc

4. whenever u are lingering on a note for long, use vibrato - if nothing then at least it looks n sounds pro.

5. kudos to you fellow, in the first six months - i couldnt play even the basic chords n melodies properly

6. Play along - play along the original song, u will realize where you are going off.

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

It's exactly the same difference of having a body with life and without life. Choice is yours.

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Speed exercises are really not important now. Get a strong hold on your basics. Learn Chords, Chord Tones, Intervals, Chord Extensions and their chord tones, Scales. You can also take up small licks and work on them till they sound good. To begin with play the chord tones. I'd say dont bother about songs. I believe that learning songs can keep your interest but kills your progress. It's such a waste of time most of the times.

10. meltingpoint83

meltingpoint83 New Member

I agree with ronnieanand...im focusin more on exercises to make my playing perfectly clean....gettin scales down in all keys etc...keep at it solo...just keep practicin..and u'll be fine...

11. solo

solo Banned

acha and 1 more thing many ppl(like "alfons") have suggested me to drop fade2.. and practice nothing else matters ka solo...but i think if i can practice properly and perfect myself in this then to ill easily be able to play nem ka solo...right?...correct me if im wrong

--------
    thnx a lot for replying guys...your suggestions really help:D

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Not nescessarily....music isn't really about practicing solos and while it seems logical that if you practice a "hard" solo, the easier ones shall come automatically, that is not the case.

Did you know that it is almost as difficult to play slower than average as it is to play faster.....try playing a solo for a chord progression at 40 bpm.

13. hasham

hasham New Member

tempo not wrtie n it not in th ewrit ekey good effort but

14. solo

solo Banned

ah what does this mean?....40 bpm is some speed thing or something..plz explain...i r boob

15. solo

solo Banned

ops.............................noob*