MY :: college video of HOTEL CALIFORNIA (( hope u find it good ))

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by abhimanjrekar, Feb 12, 2006.

1. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

2. knight_guitar

knight_guitar Lead Guitarist

nah !! abhi the recording was bad .. and above all don't mind u guys don't seem to be "tight" , tight in the sense.. i found the video and and recording(playing)pretty sterotype.. sorry no offences included but not good.. !! that's my opinion , but no hard feelings with u..

3. abhimanjrekar

no offences meant........and ya we wernt tight re bhai........but plz explain wht u meant by stereotype???.....hehe......

4. knight_guitar

stertotype se i meant .. !! i mean just uthaya aur baajane shuru ho gaye no rehersal no mic. check or etc etc. thing.. i mean if u got a band u guys need to pratice a lot with each other, i mean don't mind i went through the same thing when i started a band and performed for the first time in my college and i had no clue what are we doing , drum was going haywire, guitar was going nowhere and bass guitar.. don't even ask about it, but people liked it.. cause they just did'nt knew what were we doing it's just they were in a nice spirit so they were dancing around irrespect of the music ,
    what my point is .. play song which u know very well to play .. i find ur fingers little slow while doing the leads for hotel california and u guys started strumming straight away , where as there are two guitarist one should have been actually plucking and other should be playing the rhythm according to plucking. it does'nt matter if u play lobo in the begaining but atleast do justice with the songs .. that's my point of view i know many not gonna like it.. but i did'nt meant to offend anyone..

5. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^why shd u feel sorry or anything like that..?
    its ur opinion...!!!

6. abhimanjrekar

hmm...okie il tell the story now....

!. all these wer college people of diff branches.meet jus 2 dayz ago.

2. on the day, we wer told we don have mixer at 1 pm wen our gig was to start at 2 pm.

3. we used some suckin system as u can see,but we had to goon since it was on the cards.

4.the other guy was goonna take the entire HOLTEL song, at the last minute he told me to pick it up....we din have this song in our list..thts y re..its messy..good u din see wht i played in last...

5.lastly, no one was gettin a clue of whwt the other is doin dur to the GREAT music system...heheh...

7. abhimanjrekar

yaar i cant put up the vids wer we have played nicely with MY BAND..they r too big..each is nearly abt arnd 100 mbs.....il go old uploadin them....

8. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Hey i liked it man,.. ekdum masta! I didnt like yr vocalist though! But u were ekdum chakachak!

9. abhimanjrekar

^^ thx re..the vocalist is a proffie..plays for COLOSIS a mumbai band....

10. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@knight, do you even know the meaning of a stereotype?

11. knight_guitar

yes disturbed i know that.....

12. d_ist_urb_ed

^I'm glad, can you tell me how a stereotype relates to the discussion in this thread? "stertotype se i meant .. !! i mean just uthaya aur baajane shuru ho gaye no rehersal no mic. check or etc etc. " How does unprofessional playing (according to you) even relate to a stereotype?

13. abhimanjrekar

hey, don start a fite now peeps....plz.....

14. d_ist_urb_ed

@abhi, there's no fight bro, we're just having an intellectual discussion. I had a doubt regarding what knight said and politely asked him to clarify and i'm confident that he will.

15. abhimanjrekar

hmm..okies..but don fite plz..have a peaceful discussion....

16. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

i wanted to say the same thng when i read his post :beer:

17. knight_guitar

sorry was having dinner.. so was not able to reply.. !! now.. what i meant to say.. that.. when u just take ur guitar like that.. and play it conventionally , so it's more of a conventional play where u sometimes tend to play for ur own.. !! .. and it does'nt fit the actual thing.. .. that's what i tried to meant there.. !!

18. d_ist_urb_ed

^I completely get what you're saying, i'm only trying to get you to say that stereotype isnt the word to use, you agree? Check meaning on www.dictionary.com

19. abhimanjrekar

hmm..i see this thread goin farr places now ...hehehe......

20. knight_guitar

well what he was playing there was more of conventional stuff , there are many words which should'nt be used is'nt it.. but then that was my opinion , and i don't need to check dicitionary.com dude, i think i know what it meant that's y i used it..

there are something which one should'nt even do is'nt it..

like one should'nt even comment if the thing is wrong. (right, cause if u see one guy saying something diff. from others.. people gets on him or her)

i just tried to share my experience with abhi he is young at the moment and will be learning everyday..

never knew u guys gonna make a moutain of a mole hill.. !