My Beef with Remixes of Old Indian Classics

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by KannadaBoi, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KannadaBoi

KannadaBoi Kannadiga

The other day I was watching B4U music's "Just Request" show and ppl were requesting some old classic songs. However, they played new remixes of the same songs. Personally, I hate the whole 'western hiphop music fusion with Indian classic music'. First of all, they kill the song and second, the videos are so awkward. The so called "artists" wear such revealing clothes, which first of all kill the mood of the song and the also make the whole Indian culture look bad. Indians are becoming more and more westernized and they are turning to the worse side. These remixes is basically another name for stealing songs and killing them with stupid western beats and rap.

Ok..Ok... I do like some tasteful remix song like that Jagjit singh's "kahin Door Jab Dil Dhal Jaye", but yet, songs like "Mere Naseeb Mein" and "Chodo Aanchal" are sooo bad. Somethig has to be done to this Remix trend which is westernizing our pure Indian Culture and Murdering some of the best Indian songs. Anyways, you can voice your opinion about remixes in this thread.

2. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

:mad:i hate remixes, i love the song but the hip hop crap messes it all up, on CDs that my bro get i aways fast forward the hip hop part but still its not the same. some of the stuff they say is imbarrasing and when its mixed with the beautiful hindi the imbarrasing things get even more ugly and irritateing.

3. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

YOu posted this in two forums. And this is the wrong forum.. So its closed..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.