My Beef with Remixes of old Classics

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by KannadaBoi, Aug 20, 2004.

1. KannadaBoi

KannadaBoi Kannadiga

The other day I was watching B4U music's "Just Request" show and ppl were requesting some old classic songs. However, they played new remixes of the same songs. Personally, I hate the whole 'western hiphop music fusion with Indian classic music'. First of all, they kill the song and second, the videos are so awkward. The so called "artists" wear such revealing clothes, which first of all kill the mood of the song and the also make the whole Indian culture look bad. Indians are becoming more and more westernized and they are turning to the worse side. These remixes is basically another name for stealing songs and killing them with stupid western beats and rap.

Ok..Ok... I do like some tasteful remix song like that Jagjit singh's "kahin Door Jab Dil Dhal Jaye", but yet, songs like "Mere Naseeb Mein" and "Chodo Aanchal" are sooo bad. Somethig has to be done to this Remix trend which is westernizing our pure Indian Culture and Murdering some of the best Indian songs. Anyways, you can voice your opinion about remixes in this thread.

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Make it Beer with Remixes.. Beef something i love.. Anyways. .Its really sad.. I have not switched on my television for a long time.Especially the Music channels..

I somehow like SS music.. They play amazing concerts Indian and Otherwise..

3. Natasia

Natasia ...

i totallyy agree with ya kannada boi..... i mean the remixes trullyy suck the essence outta the original classic... n the weirdest thing ,,,,, more like obnoxious thing.......is that they can make the most classy kishore kumar.. or r.d burman song look and sound vulgour ....cheap...and disgusting.......:mad: :mad:

4. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Ya, most remixes that I have heard, especially of old hindi classics are rotten, but they have an appeal to the masses. So its most likely that they'll continue... Best thing is to turn of the TV or change channels.

5. jayanth

Watch AXN . .Even their Advertisement Music are better..

6. tejas

tejas ..........

I hate remixes. They take the life out of the songs. Can't they make their own music, why do they have to spoil old classics?

7. jayanth

I do loads of remixes.. But not with Old classics. .I do it with My own stuff.. Make Trance versions and stuff..

8. KannadaBoi

KannadaBoi Kannadiga

I have no objection with DOING remixes, I'm just against killing classic songs with western-Indian fusion and the stupid videos. Hate them sooo much... :mad: :mad: :mad:

9. jayanth

The video part thing is true.. THEY Suck.. But i feel one should be more creative in creting music then ruining the good stuff..

10. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Especially the western influence which they try to show in the videos and the music.

11. jayanth

And not to mention the unwated Lighting..

12. FC Barca11

FC Barca11 New Member

Whats wrong with revealing clothes? Ofcourse if your girlfriend is doing it; then yea thats a problem...but on tv??? Ladies I would say girlfriend/boyfriend, but I don't know of a single man who wears anything that could ever be classified as "revealing"

13. jayanth

LOL.. Men and revealing clothing.. Funny..