My acapella group..

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by deepakndm26, May 11, 2006.

1. deepakndm26

deepakndm26 New Member

Hello guys

Well this is not about guitar chords or any other instruments...

In fact it is about "no instruments" at all....

We are an Acapella group here at Drexel University, Philadelphia. I would like you guys to check us out at www.drexelshor.com

Feedbacks awaited

Deepak

2. varmas11

varmas11 New Member

hey dude,

i don't want to be too mean. but you guys really need to practice. the group is always clashing in harmonies and dragging flat. the arrangements seem very weak with no real substance or chords.

i suggest listening to penn masala for insight on hindi a cappella. they are not excellent but very good and quite talented. i'm not in a hindi a cappella group (rather an english one called route9 at amherst college), but from my own acapella experience and group, keep working on the sound.

remember, music is centered on chords. you need bass, baritone, tenors, altos, and sopranos (as you have girls also). so form chords, thats clutch in acapella. figure out the key and have the bass sing the root, the baritone sing the fifth, tenors sing the third, and altos and sopranos singing octaves with the bass and thirds an octave higher

just some friendly suggestions. i may sound mean, but i love hindi acappella groups and hope that you get better

regards,
    saurabh

3. varmas11

varmas11 New Member

www.soundclick.com/saurabhvarma

we have a rough recording of 'i'll be' by edwin mccain on their on my music. check that out and let me know what you think

peace,
    sv

4. deepakndm26

deepakndm26 New Member

Hey Varma thanks for the comments ,,,,

Well the media section has not yet been updated.. and the clips are quite old
    I would post the songs very soon on soundclick....

watch the video we have posted on google video.. the link is there...

Regards

Deepak