my 1st take at recording, sweet child and run like hell

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by stranger_in_ny, Jul 28, 2006.

1. stranger_in_ny

stranger_in_ny New Member

sweet child 'o mine (minus outro...)
    run like hell... (instrumental)
    --

pls. dont throw trash..

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=578915

all strings on fender strat (american). Used boss 1600 cd for recording. The instrument is amazing and must for intermediates on guitar.

Drums are listened and configured as per songs on recorder.

.. ye i know this the hindi forum.. i will be doing some hindi recording and posting sooon..
    ..but my voice aint that good.. :(

2. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

LOL.. all recordings are to be posted in IGT Soundtrack forum, whether english, hindi, or any other language :)

Let this 1 be here for now, it will be moved.

3. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

I didnt like the tone of the guitar in Sweet Child of Mine :(

And you definitely need to improve on your singing...

Overall, the recording is OK

I liked Run Like Hell though :)

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

sweet child o' mine--

in the intro..ur playing some notes incorrectly and singing is too low...so low that it has ended up being almost inaudible..raise the pitch

5. stranger_in_ny

which ones.. i thought m playing across dmaj scale?

its meant to be low. Actually i just recorded vocal for the heck of it. that was the first time i sung too..

thanks for the inputs!

6. manitrim

manitrim New Member

yar which software did use please tell me for drums and sequencing ?

7. stranger_in_ny

BR1600CD recorder from Roland-Boss: $1400

8. parthasarathy

parthasarathy New Member

Either instruments volume can be decreased or vocal volume can be increased yar!! you have a good chirping voice..if you exercise still on your voice..it will be gr8 friend..

9. stranger_in_ny

thanks for your feedback. : ) I really appreciate it!

I am in bangalore for couple of months. I am trying to take some vocal lessons. I think starting from hindustani would be good.

BTW, I intentionally suppressed vocal volume because it didnt come out that well but at the same time i thought i'd not be doing justice to my first time singing.

cheers

10. Nilanjan

Nilanjan New Member

guitar lead u played well, except for some incorrect tabs. THe vocal is at a very low pitch. U need to scale up the pitch. While singing a GnR song u need to give all your energy in singing. U can record the guitar separately and then mix the two.

11. parthasarathy

parthasarathy New Member

Ok..better search for a carnatic lessons more than hindustaani..its gr8 stuff when you go for carnatic or classical side..where are you located in Bangalore..my home town is near bangalore, its called as Hosur..but may be i come to bangalore too often..

12. stranger_in_ny

Partha, I am in BTM 2nd stage. LEt me know if you know any good carnatic tutor in bangalore.

13. raviction

raviction Member

guitaring is gr8...but i think u gottto be fast....guitaring is a little slow.....and u gotto work upon ur vocals mannnn....trying singing in the original SWM pitch...thnnn it would be gr8!!!