My 1st take at Comfortably Numb - Solo2

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by stranger_in_ny, Dec 25, 2006.

1. stranger_in_ny

stranger_in_ny New Member

max_payne16 likes this.
  2. Ridge87701

Ridge87701 New Member

Not bad dude. What a bunch of jerks on this forum, people flocking to listen to a girly sing some stupid song, and no one has bothered to even listen to this classy piece.

Ok, lets come over to the technicalities.
    Its pretty decent, except for that flanger type sound thats acting as the rhythm in the background. That unfortunately doesn't really make it sound like Floyd, and in my opinion, you can get rid of it altogether or at least make it less audible. Its pretty distracting and takes the focus off from your solo.

The lead is pretty neat, and is quiet close to the original as well. I personally would have loved it, had to made some changes as per your own playing style, but I guess that would have offended the Floyd fans isn't it ? ;-)

I also heard Run like hell, which was also pretty decent.
    Try to experiment with some other patch, and if you use a software, you may be interested in playing with some stereo effects, left and right channels.
    It will add tons to your recording.
    Well done, keep it up dude!

3. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

4. stranger_in_ny

stranger_in_ny New Member

Thanks Ridge and Nazr!

wouldn't disagree on flange rhythm. I personally disliked it as its interferring too much - Initially thought would put some filling - didnt work too well...hmmm...

Also thanks for other inputs. I'd experiment on boss.

cheers

5. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Keep em coming.cheers

6. max_payne16

max_payne16 New Member

superbbbbbb
    reps

7. max_payne16

max_payne16 New Member

i wana hear again...please give ur band's page link
    th link u ve given is nt opening