Musician's Messe in Mumbai

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhijitnath, May 17, 2006.

1. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Part of some big audio equipment expo..on the 24th to 27th of May at the NSE Complex, Goregaon (E). Sounds pretty interesting..George Lynch is coming down to endorse the Yamaha acoustic stall..theres also a Korg lec-dem by Loy Mendonsa and then some jam session by Loy/Shankar/Sivamani which promises to be hideous:)
    As an aside, the PRS site now lists Furtado's as their official dealer in India. I wonder which madman has enough money to afford one.

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

wow!!! lucky mumbai chooths

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Crap!! George lynch will be there and I WONT:mad:

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Nice!! Let's see if we can go for that...oh and who needs a PRS when you have Atlas Customs? ;)

5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Nice news ABhi.. Well I hate furtados... yeah I remmber seeing Furtados on the PRS website... But I honestly dont like Furtados, and would go there only if they have something that I wont get anywhere else. They seem very unfriendly. and this is my experence with them each time I go there. The Last time I went there I picked up the BAD Monkey. I had to ask the sales man atleast four times I wanted to cheak it out. Then Probaly another 4 times that I want to buy it. I had already made some purchases from them that day, before I bought the Bad monkey....
    Any way I would like to go to the NSE complex pretty close to my place

6. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

I am surprised Furtadoes dealing for PRS in INdia. No one would buy a guitar suming a king's ransom!

Furtadoes was a bad experience for me too.

Isn't NSE grounds at Goregoan is the same ground where bryan adams show took place?

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Wo!
    They should've got Georgey boy to promote Bogner Uberschall and those baritone guitars instead.

And regardgin PRS, I guess you can be the first customer :grin:

+1!
    That city sucks like hell though.

8. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

its not musik messe but PALM 2006 and not starting from 26th but 25,26,27.....Pro audio Video mega...sumthin ;)

9. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Furtados has always been a bad experence for me, each time I go there. Thye got a huge selection of books ext.. but their sales men know nothing. The last time when I went there and picked up the Bad monkey, I seen this sales man trying to tune a Squire showmaster with a Double locking tremelo, with the nut lock locked in place by turning the machine heads!!!! I was like what are you doing. That was the same salse guy who i had to ask so many times I wanted the Bad Monkey. The only time I go down to furtados is when I am in and around the place, and I need something that I know I wont get anywhere else. For example they are the Dealers for DIGITECH in India.. sighhh... I like Bhargavas in contrast. .. at leat thier Bandra store... Ashish at Bhargavas is very warm and friendly and loves to ans q and give suggestions. I dont find the same thing in furtados...
    Looking forward to go to the NSE :)

10. abhijitnath

The PALM show has sub-shows like lighting expo, pro audio expo etc. One of hte subsets is known as the musician's messe.

11. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

I emailed Ibanez US n got this reply
    "We will be having a stall at the forthcoming Palm 2006 Mumbai this is being held at Goregaon NSE parallel to the Western Express Highway please do visit us in Hall 2 booth NO.I 13".

n musik messe is the name of the event being held in Germany Specially for Musician equipment but this show is a jack of all event...

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ah, how does it matter, whtever you call it.

A rose, by any other name, shall remain rose. :p:

13. abhijitnath

That's what I said, isn't it? PALM 2006, lighting/pro audio, Musician's Messe is a subset?
    Please go to the website..there is a link on the right which says "Musician's Messe' quite clearly..again, for your benefit "MUSICIAN'S MESSE' not "MUSIC MESSE" which is held in Germany.
    https://www.palmshowindia.com/

14. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Oh ok lol my bad ! ;) oh n 1 more thing thats musiK messe n not musiC messe (just for UR BENEFIT) :)

15. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Sorry for going offtopic.

I prefer bhargavas anyday. Ashish is really warm and friendly, When i got my ibanez guitars (both at different times). He allowed me to to check how it sounds like. Its also near to me compared to kalbadevi!

At one instance, i went to furtadoes to fix the intonation and get a whammy for my ibanez. You'll be shocked after explaining him my needs (I think that guy was a owner, well educated and was having an accent) he started indirectly accusing me for bringing an ibanez outside India, he said that i should have brought it from his shop! He also told me that no one help me out since there is Ibanez support here in India. Another guy took note of my issue and was suppose to call me back which he never did. I had also ordered a special adapter from them which was never made. I called them up but they put in on hold arnd 15 minutes!

I had also asked a guy to show me an Hobner 265 model. He showed me the most disastreous piece where the pickgaurd was horribly twisted and the action was so low that even an ant can't crawl beneath the strings!!

After this terrible incident i have never been to Furtadoes.

I explaind the same issue to Ashish, he directed me to a luthier who indeed helped me to fix the bridge of my ibanez. Thanks to him. NOt that all the guys in bhargavas are good (the old guy is a big pain in the backside!). I think if you want a genuine help in bhargavas ASK FOR ASHISH.