music123.com

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by born2tab, May 4, 2007.

1. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

Hey i checked out the site mentioned by shreyas...music123.com.

And they have kewl products .I was looking for left handed guitars and they have plenty of them in stock.So u can imagine the variety for right handed ones.

Also they tell u the shipping charges when u order itself.
    I was looking for an epiphone les paul special II and it was quoted at 9k along with shipping charges.

Now i have one question before ordering???

Do i need to pay customs for it or not???
    ANd how much will the customs come to ... i mean how much will i need to shell out for customs???

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Yes, expect 35% for customs! You can get lucky and get 17% i think

3. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

how does that 17 % come to? how do u get lucky?

4. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

well yaa...

5. born2tab

Ok 35% means it will come around 12k total for an epiphone les paul..wow.

Now tell me one more thingy...
    first i too feel sorry for such a stupid question:
    They will courier it to my shipping address.then what happens???
    It will get delivered to my home address and then where am i go and pay the customs..I mean where does the customs come into scene.

Can anyone(specially shreyas) tell me the entire flow of the delivery after it leaves music123.com.

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

it wont b e delivered to ur house... you have to go and collect it frm the post office.. thts wat i think

7. born2tab

So how will I know that it has reached the post office???
    ALso and do i need to pay the custom charges at the post office????

8. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i think thell inform you tht ur package has arrived or u need to check with them and yes you pay customs at the post office.. laney is the best man for you .. he keeps on ordering stuff..
    WHERE ARE YOU LANEY???

9. born2tab

Thats the problem with him...the moment u need him he goes missing.

10. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

thts very true.. hes online every time but when u need him he just dissappears

11. born2tab

Also one more question..Shreyas...
    Can I trust music123.com coz i will be paying through my credit card and if that god damn beauty of mine doesnt arrive then i will be screwed big time.

I need some inputs from ur side to convince me.

12. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

There wont be a problem with Music123..they'll definitely ship it. Just make sure its insured if you're worried. Your problems will start only after its been delivered to india. If its insured it'll probably get to you without a problem. You'll probably get a call from customs saying they have a package for you then you'll have to tell them what it is and stuff. After paying the customs its yours..

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

1.Music123 is known for good stuff on the espboards. Ive never ordered from them (i wont cus of my friends in bmusic)
    2.The guitar will be sent to India via x courier. And customs will take it into inspection. they will assume stuff that it could be but whereas guitars are concerned it flows thru fast. They just slap a 35% on one notice and they will send the Notice to your house. Take printouts of the guitar and the price and go to customs. They will ask you what/why/how and then they will send you home.

A few days later your nearby post office will come with the guitar. And you pay them.

Done..

3.I emailed music123 a week ago asking about shipping amps to India, that guy was pretty brisk and told me no , we dont send a few brands to India etc etc...

14. born2tab

Ok.That seems pretty convincing.
    I will first mail them and then order.

Thanks all of you for the help.

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

PM your number please. Fone got erased again.

16. born2tab

Yaar tera phone hai ki kya hai???
    N e ways i msged u my number.

17. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

@born2tab.....even i was thinkin bout buyin a bass from dem....muh budget is 30k....only gettin yamaha rbx270l in kolkata for 24k....which is under 15 k for righty:cry1:but its not made in indonasia...itz made in japan..

but im confused wid these customs n stuff..
    1.wut brands do they ship to india?(laney??)i tried to order...but can get only fullerton,no esp,fender,ibanez or dean:cry1:
    2.customs??
    3.how many dayz will it take to arrive??
    4................plz somone clear dis credit card funda for me...wen do they charge from da credit card? only wen i get da gtr in my hands? or wen they dispatch it? can it happen tht thay take da munny but i dont get da gtr?

@born2tab...brother....if u can feel my pain....den can u temme tht can i get a decent bass in blore? or mumbai?? i can go there....if itz avlbl...samcik,kramer....ny low brand will do too...as ill change da pups wid sd quarter pounds..

plz ans dis stupid questions mah frnds...im too confused!!!!!!:cry1:

18. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

why dont you guys get a custom made from tulsi ...

19. yazi

yazi Banned

Blues Blues Blues

20. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

@gog...man...playing custom made ones from like forever..:p:
    i hav 5 of them...:grin: one strat clone,one ESP JH1 clone wid seymour duncun pups,a custom made 12string semi acoustic,one acoustic 6 string,
    and one 6 string bass for now.sold da old 4string bass:grin: