Music industry wants to take action against song lyrics and tab sites!!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by death_metal_fan, Dec 9, 2005.

1. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Why dont they just ban the distribution (legal or illegal) all music in the name of identity theft? Who the hell could write guitar tab books for underground music?
    Theyre equally brainless when it comes to mp3 sharing as well.

3. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Mp3 is okey....................... but lyrics and tabs ????? Its going a bit too far .............

4. shsnawada

If lyric sharing is illegal then why do so many bands have their lyrics in their own websites?
    These retards have lost all connections with reality.

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

wtf???????

bunch of jerks with all sh!t filled in their heads

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:shock::shock:WTF???They make such a big deal out of it..as if the industry people are living on the streets bcoz of piracy..reminds me of that South Park episode about music piracy...

7. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

it looks like these ppl have lost their minds trying to stop music(mp3) piracy and now they r lookin for other forums to sue .... one day they will go totally CRAZY and end up sueing the artist themselves for making music . hehe :D

8. shak

shak Harrr!

they have problem with sheet music .. and you cant blame them .. they are bloody capitalist americans .. they wont let anyone eat on their pennies ..
    i think the websites such as powertabs etc would be hurt the most .. and i hate the casual way the spokesman said "throw in some jail terms" .. or somehting like this ..

9. shsnawada

:RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol:
    Dont they realize that it does more harm to music than good (ratio is almost infinty : zero )
    It does only good to the music INDUSTRY (does that name suggest something?). Why dont they just call it music factory or something like that.

10. Strat

Strat Floydian

A line from the CD inlay booklet of Radiohead's "Ok Computer":
    'Lyrics published with kind permission even though we wrote them.'

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

^^^^^^^^^:RollLol:

12. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

This is a nice way to shun away the fans !!!!!!!!! But u think this will ever work ! File sharin g still takes place !!!!!!

13. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

You should play music only with headphones on..that way nobody else can listen to the song and they will have to buy it for themselves....<- This rule coming soon :p::dance:

14. Strat

Strat Floydian

Well said... :beer:

15. death_metal_fan

This song comes to mind:

16. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

hey dmf becareful according to MPA by posting that lyrics u "deprives the songwriter of the ability to make a living"

rofl

17. shak

shak Harrr!

18. shak

shak Harrr!

wtf .. mxtabs us down.. olga is thinking about it .. taborama is down .. man this is bad i hope we dont see IGT's english section goin down . neo will be in trouble ..

19. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

This is absolute bullshit...I learnt so much thru tabs. Everybody cant go to Berklee.

20. death_metal_fan

Never mind. They'll never win out over the underground. ;)